Help me to choose a hotel....

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by eyesmax, Nov 9, 2008.

1. eyesmax

eyesmax Well-Known Member

Hi all,
    I'm planning to visit Prague by next Feb. I know it is far but I like to get every thing now to be happy :D . I am thinking about some hotels why don't you share you idea with me so every one can read and get more info.
    I will write the hotel name and price for 14 nights. look for it and give me your best choise...

1-Corinthia Tower. 5 stars. 840 Euro
    2-Minotel Seven Days. 4 stars. 1148 Euro
    3-Residance Hotel green Lobster 4 stars. 1190 Euro.

please help me to think of one and if you recommand some think just tell me...

by the way I am coming with my wife and small girl just 1.5 years.

thank you,

2. Polednikova

Polednikova Well-Known Member

To be perfectly honest, none of my visitors can afford those sort of prices so I've never actually been in any of them. I know the Corinthian Towers, which I am sure is excellent and will have wonderful views over Prague, although it's not in the centre of town and it's a huge, skyscraper of a place.

3. eyesmax

Thank you for your reply...

I got Corinthian Towers offer via www.booking.com. as you know it is 5 Stars hotel with cheap price. it is only 840 Euro. but the problem I don't know how far is it from the old Twon...?? is there any metro nearby??

also I got some very nice flats in the old town they are from 18000 Czk to 28000 for the 14 nights.

4. Karel_lerak

Karel_lerak Well-Known Member

The Corinthia hotel is directly at the metro station "Vyšehrad", 2 stations to the city center (Venceslas square) or 3 stations to Main (railway) station.

5. Jeff

Jeff Well-Known Member

As has already been said, the Corinthia Towers Hotel is away from the center of Prague, so you would need to take the metro to and from your hotel. It is close to Vysehrad, which is a pretty area to explore, but other than that, I don't think there is much to see there. From what I can tell, the Minotel is in a busier area, just outside the center. The Residence Green Lobster is located in Mala Strana (Lesser Town), right in the historical center of Prague. This is the nicest and most convenient location for visiting the Prague Castle and seeing other sights in the center. You should be able to walk to lots of places of interest from there. The Green Lobster is on Nerudova, which is on a tourist route, but since you will be there off season, it should not be too busy. I have seen some good reviews of the hotel. So, of the three, I think the Residence Green Lobster is a good option.

Assuming your budget is around 1200 Euros for your stay, another hotel for you to consider is Hotel Constans. It is also located in Mala Strana and is in an historical building.

In case you are not aware, My Czech Republic is a partner of booking.com. If you make a hotel booking through our site, we get a small commission and you can help support the My Czech Republic message boards and site. The hotel rates are the same for you regardless of whether you book through My Czech Republic or directly at booking.com. One possible place to start is on our Prague Hotels page.

6. eyesmax

thank you Jeff for your reply....

I just know from you that My czech rep.... is partner of booking.com. so, i will book via our site to get so of it.

you are right about the hotels location. I will think of it.

last time I was in U Prince Hotel... that was a wondorful location it was in front of the clock in Old town. I think I must be in such location.

Many Thanks, :D

7. Polednikova

Polednikova Well-Known Member

Out of interest, why are you not going back to the Hotel Princ? I am a big fan of their roof top terrace, which although expensive is worth it for a drink sitting overlooking Old Town Square.

From what you can see of the hotel on the way up to the 6th floor, it looks very nice and I have often thought that if I was a visitor to Prague, I would like to stay there, particularly out of season.

8. eyesmax

I tried more than a hotel in Prague but the only one that I will not forget is U PRINCE. but this time I am looking for some thing not more 1200 Euro for 14 nights.

some times I think to stay for a month I found some flats from 20000 CZK to 30000 CZK :shock: I love it :lol:

9. Nikl

Nikl Active Member

Here is a nice hotel in Prague 4. We have been accomodated there already 5x.
    http://www.hotelmonica.cz/hotel-monica- ... rague.html

10. eyesmax

thank you boss :D

11. kickatat88

kickatat88 Member

i dont know much about the 5 star hotel life in prague but there is an owner of a hostel and dont let that word scare you the hostel that i am talking about rents out flats for families it is called the czech inn i am not entirely sure of the price but here is a web site for it

http://www.czech-inn.com/pricefeatures.php

if my math is correct you are looking at 1675 Euro total it is a beautiful place right in down town it is the price estimate for a 2 bedroom flat