History of the Czech Republic

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by Nikl, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Nikl

Nikl Active Member

2. Polednikova

Polednikova Well-Known Member

Thanks for that, Nikl. It'll be a useful source of information.

3. Ctyri koruny

Ctyri koruny Well-Known Member

I've been living here since September and I've only seen 2 places on the list! (Telč and Prauge) I really need to get off my arse and start seeing things at the weekend. Especially as the snow will be back soon!

4. Nikl

Nikl Active Member

Plenty of forgeiners know Prague, Cesky Krumlov, Karlovy Vary, Telc ...
    But they do not know another historical sites, because travel agency do not tell them.

I live in Canada but I am originally from Czech Republic. I am married to canadien women. I took her in year of 2002 first time to Czech Republic and she really likes it.
    We have been there 6 times now a we did not see all historical sides yet. :wink:

5. romanj

romanj New Member

Nikl, I agree with you. There is so much to see in Prague - I have been here 3 years and seen only 10% of the stuff on the list. I also came from Canada. But when I came to visit I decided to stay. What I love about all the Prague sites is that they have so much history. Every town you go to and every monument you see has some story. Either a historical story of the towns origins or something interesting that has happened in the past. Even something so famous and prominent like the statue of the Good King Wenceslas has an interesting history and legend. Again, something you will not find out about from travel agency.