Sale of Czech Airlines

Discussion in 'Culture' started by wissy, Mar 25, 2009.

1. wissy

wissy Well-Known Member

What are the local feelings about the impending sale of Czech Airlines (CSA) to foreign airline bidders including the Russian airline Aeroflot?

2. wer

wer Well-Known Member

The privatization is most likely off the agenda as the Government has to step down after the yesterday’s confidence vote in the Chamber.

The position of the future government is unknown, simply because the future government is unknown.

I have more problems with the privatization per se than with the Russian interest in it. I’m not worried of Russian private investors, but Aeroflot is state-owned, so there could be some problems. On the other hand, under the rules there must be some shareholders from within the EU. The EU partipation makes the Russian interest less dangerous. In addition, Aeroflot is in troubles to find the partner from the EU.

3. wissy

wissy Well-Known Member

Thanks for your reply Wer.

I posted before i had heard the news of the collapse of the Czech government.

I suppose the priority now is how this development will affect the ratification of the revived Lisbon Treaty....but that is another issue perhaps worthy of further discussion in another thread.

4. saillael

saillael Well-Known Member

I hope it doesn't happen. Czech Airlines is my favorite airline to fly on short trips.

5. Zik

Zik Well-Known Member

As you know, the Czech gouvernment has fallen. The salary has been abandoned. Good for us!