ballet classes

Discussion in 'Culture' started by balletchicadee, Jan 25, 2004.

1. well here in the united states i am in ballet like all the time. i am going to the czech republic and i really want to take classes over there but i dont know if i can. how common are ballet or dance studios over there? would it be really hard for me to take class over there? ok well if you know anything about this please reply! thanks!!

Hayley

2. magan

magan Well-Known Member

If you need help you have to let us know where will you located. Are you staying there for longer time? Where????

3. ok well sorry, im being an exchange student and i dont have a host family yet, so i dont know where in the country i will be, i just know im going there and i will be there for a year. just any region would be fine to explain to me. thanks

Hayley

4. magan

magan Well-Known Member

So... this is bit premature request to find ballet courses... I am sure that your host family will help you to find some. If not ballet you can consider Yoga or something else to keep you moving. Don't worry.

5. ok i just want to know if ballet is common in the czech republic... and i want to know what my chances are..thats all, ballet is a really big part of my life and i want to make sure i have a good chance of continuing my life over there..thats all

Hayůey

6. Jeff

Jeff Well-Known Member

Hi Hayley,

You can certainly find ballet classes in the Czech Republic. I did some quick searching and found a few websites for you to take a look at. They're mostly in Czech but some have an English summary. The first three links pertain only to Prague:

The Dance Perfect dance and fitness studio at www.danceperfect.cz offers all kinds of dance classes including 90-min. courses in classic ballet (2800 CZK for 6 months or 670 CZK for 5 classes).

The dance studio Zig Zag Tap & Swing at www.zig-zag.cz seems to be offering ballet classes as well - you could email them and ask.

The Dance Center Prague at www.tanecnicentrum.cz seems to be a full-time conservatory but you can look into the details.

The site www.balet.cz has information on dancers, theaters, dance schools, ballet news, links to ballet servers, etc. I'm not sure how helpful this might be.

Jeff

7. wow! thank you jeff! that was really helpfull!

Hayley