hi from Canada!!

Discussion in 'Culture' started by CanadianGuy, Feb 13, 2004.

1. CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy New Member

Hey!

I just wanted to send my warm Canadian greetings to all.

Anyway, I have a quick question regarding Czech customs and traditions.

I'm thinking about asking this young lady on a date. She's from Prauge and has been in Canada for 7 months. Are there any specific ways to ask her for a date? I don't want to call it that because a 'date' sounds too formal.

It was her birthday a few weeks ago and I gave her a card and wrote "happy birthday" in Czech.

She seems shy and there is a bit of a language barrier.

Would she find it odd if we played mini-golf or something?

Any suggestions?

2. maartenv

maartenv Well-Known Member

Hi there,

Well, since this is not a dating service here, I don't think you can expect any advise on how to date.

However, your remark of (some) Czech girls being shy is true. Also when visiting the Czech Republic, and meeting them along Czech friends.

After a while they turn out to be okay, but what you say is in their nature.
    My expierience is that they also want to do everything right, and thus aviod speaking Englisch because they think they can't do it well. The fact is that some of them speak damn good English, and still have that problem!!

When you get to meet Czech people, they are truely warm and kind persons. I have some good and real friends there, on which I can count. And I've only been there a few times, roughly 20 weeks in total (allways on the same spot) since 1997.

Not all Czech persons are shy, so don't be scared off.