Understanding a czech woman :)

Discussion in 'Culture' started by AndyC, Jul 27, 2008.

1. AndyC

AndyC Member

I previously posted this, i apologize for reposting but i figured i'd start a topic rather than at the tail end of another discussion :) thank you for your patience :) my question starts as below :)

I work in the private security field, Three months ago i met a Czech gal who's 11 years my junior. I am 32, A single father and Asian who grew up in South America. So yeah i'm not very asian, Anyways. She arrived at our site for training by one of my senior officers, He went on a trip and she took over his tasks. Naturally she didn't know anyone as her husband had just brought her from Slovakia to marry her.

During that time we had lunches together, we kept in touch whichever way we could. Heck she always waited till i took mine before she called hers in, Every once in a while she would tease me with a cute act that would attract me even more and more to her. She would also pop out of wherever i was called off to, It was very memorable.

However, after a while i guess she got more comfortable with the senior staff and supervisors and, well. She started seemingly flirting with them too, Suddenly she was thrust into senior positions plus barely talking to
    me nearly as often as she used to. Heck, i have to talk to her now. I will
    agree and won't argue with whoever says that i am a pig and that i should
    not be in love with a married woman, But. I am stubborn! SO here's my
    question, And please from the ladies, what is the proper way to court
    a czech lady? i love this one girl's amazing blue eyes and blonde hair. I am guessing you will tell me that there will be massive cultural clashes Laughing

I appreciate any serious replies, Again. My apologies if i offended anyone, I just want to understand her heart is all.

2. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

My two cents, if it's worth that, on this woman (and her being Czech has little to do with this), is that she's an opportunist, looking to flirt her way up in the ranks at work, and isn't concerned with stepping on any hearts as she goes. I'll bet she's trouble, and my guess is that you'd be better off just forgetting about her in a romantic sense. Sorry if that comes across blunt, but I don't any better way to say it.

3. AndyC

AndyC Member

I totally appreciate your blunt honesty :) sadly i work with her sigh, Yeah. She is an opportunist alright. The problem now becomes how do i back away from her without the entire workplace coming down on me, bare in mind that she's got senior staff wrapped around her fingers just because of her looks.

4. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

These appear to be mixed messages. But the solution doesn't have to be difficult. If she's no longer pursuing you, then it shouldn't be hard to back away. Simply go on with work treating her as you would any other co-worker, friendly & courteous. If she is still pursuing to flirt with you, then simply enjoy the flirting and don't allow it to go further. No harm done. :)

5. Yerusalyim

Yerusalyim Well-Known Member

Has she since then divorced? Otherwise...OFF LIMITS DUDE.

6. Ctyri koruny

Ctyri koruny Well-Known Member

It is very clear that either she has played you for a fool, or you have completely misinterpreted her intentions.
    Perhaps her colder attitude towards you now is not due to any cynical motives as people have suggested; but rather she has suddenly realized you are obsessed with her and she does not want to lead you on.

In either case you need to leave this person alone.