7 Czech Top Documentaries - FREE online watching 14.-22.3.20

Discussion in 'Movies, Music & Media' started by Yvan, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Yvan

Yvan Well-Known Member

From Saturday, March 14 to Sunday, March 22, http://www.DocAllianceFilms.com will present documentary films nominated and awarded at the Czech Lion competition!
    The complete set of the documentaries awarded and nominated retrospectively at the Czech Lion competition :

THE POWER OF GOOD - SIR NICHOLAS WINTON/ Síla lidskosti - sir NICHOLAS WINTON (62 min)
    CITIZEN HAVEL/ Občan Havel (120 min)
    CZECH DREAM/ Český sen (93 min)
    THE BALUTY GHETTO/ Ghetto jménem Baluty (87 min)
    RENE/ René (85 min)
    MARCELA/ Marcela (83 min)
    THE BEUTY EXCHANGE/ Ženy pro měny (75 min)

The films are available FREE OF CHARGE.

The above films are territorially restricted for Czech Republic ONLY.

FORMAT : WMV Stream

http://www.docalliancefilms.com/event/1/

2. Polednikova

Polednikova Well-Known Member

Thanks, Yvan. I've seen Občan Havel but I'll certainly try to watch some of the others.

3. Yvan

Yvan Well-Known Member

Surly don't miss : THE POWER OF GOOD - SIR NICHOLAS WINTON.

I've watched it yesterday again.
    That's breathtaking story of a man who rescued 669 Czechoslovak children to Britain in 1939.
    After this he did different things and this was redicovered almost 50 years after.
    Such an inspiring!

4. scrimshaw

scrimshaw Well-Known Member

Škoda, pity, those are restricted to only the Czech Republic.

5. Polednikova

Polednikova Well-Known Member

FOR TODAY ONLY!!

I have just watched Power of Good about Nicholas Winton and unless you've got something really urgent you need to do today, I recommend that you watch it too. This film, and the other documentaries, are only available until the end of the day.

As Yvan says, it is a very moving account of Sir Nicholas's rescue of nearly 700 Czechoslovak children in 1939, with amazing contempory footage and interviews with some of those he saved, including Lord Dubs, formerly UK Labour minister Alf Dubs, who I had no idea was Czech, never mind one of Winton's Children.

Highly recommended.