Czech cartoons

Discussion in 'Movies, Music & Media' started by Idler, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Idler

Idler Member

My wife grew up outside of Prague, and she is very fond of some of the cartoons she watched as a child on TV and on the television show Vecernicek. Since her birthday was coming up, I was wondering if anyone knew how to get DVDs of shows like Krtek or Bob a Bobek. Any and all help will be appreciated.

2. Frank_pivo_4

Frank_pivo_4 Well-Known Member

3. tuzemski

tuzemski Active Member

Be careful, a czech DVD may not work on an American machine.

4. Eva2

Eva2 Well-Known Member

5. Frank_pivo_4

6. Frank_pivo_4

7. Idler

Idler Member

Thanks for all your help. The really cheap DVD players, ironically, are able to play all DVDs; I guess they don't make them nice enough to recognize regions. Anyway, computer DVD players play all regions too. Thanks again.

8. kosmito

kosmito New Member

hi guys! i need help. i come from Ukraine, now live in USA. I remember when I was a kid they used to show czech cartoons about Reks - funny cute dog. i tried to make a search on the internet, but didn't find any resources about this cartoon, could you help me with this? maybe you can post complete czech title of this cartoon series or give some links where it's mentioned.

what other czech cartoons like Krtek and Reks can you name?

9. holger

holger Active Member

Its not Reks but Reksio (this was polish).

I can name "Mach a Sebestová" (Mach and Sebestová), Maxipes Fik "Maxidog Fik", "Rumcajs", "Cipisek" (spinoff from Rumcajs).

From Hungaria I can mention "Wonderspider Waterspider" (Vizipok Csodapok). And "Aladar" (in German it was "Adolar")

all are really cool.

If you try other DVD-shops in the internet, not just only bonton.

10. czechpoint

czechpoint Active Member

Try: http://www.czech-books.com/cbweb/default.asp

They offer books both in Czech and English, music and movies. The Krtek DVDs are a little pricey, but they do ship internationally.

One other Czech cartoon I can think of is Ferda. And then there is Broucci, but Broucci is not in cartoon format from what I recall.

11. susan58

susan58 New Member

Hi every body.
    i am looking for a cartoon i saw in my childhood,
    i am not sure if it was from Czeck,

it had a blach character like a dandelion moved by wind, and it had larg white sport shoes

and it had a very nice Flamingo guitar music.

I'll be happy if anybody have any information give me.