parallel worlds

Discussion in 'Movies, Music & Media' started by anu, Apr 17, 2005.

1. anu

anu Well-Known Member

some weeks ago swiss television showed a couple of czech movies, one of them was paralelni svety (my keyboard doesn't write czech, sorry!) - i really liked this movie!
    was it famous in the czech republic?
    i read that karel roden also played in several american movies, always in the role of the bad guy. did he play in other czech movies?

2. holger

holger Active Member

Yes, the film was famous in Czech Republic. Karel Roden made many films in Czech Republic (try: www.cfn.cz) but his small american roles are always higher mentioned...

Lenka Vlásaková was kind of a superstar that mid-ninetees, nowadays not so much anymore, topped by Ana Geislerová and Tatiana Vilhelmová. (And upcoming Bara Seidlová)

3. anu

anu Well-Known Member

thanks for the link, holger, unfortunately i don't (yet) speak czech... it seems, karel roden indeed made a lot of movies - and lenka vlasakova, did she played tereza?

4. holger

holger Active Member

Yes, if you mean the woman, thats the married wife of the role, Roden plays? Not the woman, he betrays her with. She is lesser known.

Lenka Vlásaková had several roles but nowadays I dont see her much anymore. Perhaps she has a time of theatre...