Looking for suggestions on finding Czech music

Discussion in 'Movies, Music & Media' started by gypzy, Jan 11, 2006.

1. gypzy

gypzy Well-Known Member

Howdy :D !

I don't have much (any) exposure to Czech music. I like the old folk style music, with organs. The American music I listen to is Christian rock/rap, Country, old old school Blues, Rockabilly. If there is any Czech music that would fit these genres I would love suggestions. Also where in stores would I buy Czech music?

2. r080

r080 New Member

3. gypzy

gypzy Well-Known Member

Hi,

Thank you 4 the link. I enjoyed listening to the clips on real audio. I have lived a sheltered life :eek: ! What great music there is outside of US borders :D ! Do you know of any catalolugue companies that I can order Czech cds, paying by check through the mail? I can order a select few through specialty music stores, bookstores, maybe even cafes, but not all.I don't like to use credit cards over the i net. Again thank you 4 your help!

By 4 Now

4. gementricxs

gementricxs Well-Known Member

I think on Vltava.cz you can order CDs and pay it directly from your bank acount. You tell you bank (or if you can do it yourself by internet banking) bank account of Vltava and how much you want to send them. And when the shop receives your money, they will send it.

5. gypzy

gypzy Well-Known Member

Hi,

Thank you, Gementicxs, 4 the link. Unfortunately I have only started learning Czech for 2 weeks. So obviously I can't comprehend too well. I did click on the link to get some exposure to the site/language and I did click on "hudba". I navigated around a bit. Do they have an English site? Or is there another site that is in English that I don't have to use a credit card? I can't fault a Czech company for writing in their own language. I just need to learn more.

By 4 Now

6. gementricxs

gementricxs Well-Known Member

I know unfortunately this site is only in Czech.
    Paying: Zboží odesílané do zahraničí je nutné uhradit předem bankovním převodem nebo platební kartou. Product send to abroad has to paid either by credit card or by bank transfer. So you can basically use your credit card or send the money directly via your bank account.
    Sending to US: Spojené státy americké 461 Kč. You will pay 461Kč for sending your parcel to US. I think it's very good price, if you look at other Czech e-shops they usually want around 900Kč.

As you know it's Czech web page, so you won't have problems with finding czech music there, they have everything you want. Unfortunately I don't know about some US e-shop.

7. gypzy

gypzy Well-Known Member

Hi,

Maybe this will be an incentive to keep on learning, even if I get frustrated :x for not learning as quickly as I wanted. If I want access to music that's hard to find in the states then I need to learn.
    Without incentive nobody would do anything. Freudism for the day!

By 4 Now