Brokeback Mountain

Discussion in 'Movies, Music & Media' started by Ir, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Ir

Ir Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen this movie yet? Is it out in the Czech Republic? What do you think of the movie?

I really loved it, it's one of the best movies I've seen in years.

2. calculations

calculations Active Member

i thought it was ok, not really as good as the hype is making it

some of the parts were a little uncomfortable to watch and didnt seem very realistic and some parts were kind of boring and it seemed like we were just waiting for them to do something in a lot of scenes imho

3. Ir

Ir Well-Known Member

Are you from Oregon, Calculations? Isn't that near Wyoming? What did you think of the actors' accents, were they realistic?

I really enjoyed the film just as a movie, but I also think it will be really important in changing a lot of people's attitudes to gay people. For instance, in rural Ireland there are still a lot of people like Jack and Ennis today, afraid to reveal their sexuality for fear of trouble from society.

I know that in CR country music is quite popular, so I wonder in the countryside how open people might be about being gay, and will this movie make any difference?

4. calculations

calculations Active Member

yeah, its one state away but ive never been there haha so i wouldnt really know ><

i think there will always be people like that afraid of their sexuality, but i do agree that this movie could [hopefully] have helped change peoples feelings towards that