MacGyver eppy "For Love or Money" shot in the then

Discuss Czech film, music, TV and other media. Share info on movies filmed in the Czech Republic.

Moderators: Sova, gementricxs, Jeff

S2kDriver
Member
Posts: 51
Joined: 10-May-04 16:36
Location: Dix Hills, Long Island, New York, USA

MacGyver eppy "For Love or Money" shot in the then

Postby S2kDriver » 13-Mar-06 23:05

Did anybody see this MacGyver episode? It was shot in former Czechoslovakia in 1987. Mac lands in Vienna, Austria and drives into Czechoslovakia. Does anyone know where along the hranice (border) Mac crossed? And what town is that hospital in?

I'd like to drive by the area next time I get a chance and see how much has been changed in the last 20 years. :) TIA.
gr84all
Member
Posts: 14
Joined: 01-Jul-07 1:57
Location: Ontario, Canada/Ostrava

Postby gr84all » 08-Jul-07 0:02

S2kDriver wrote:Did anybody see this MacGyver episode? It was shot in former Czechoslovakia in 1987. Mac lands in Vienna, Austria and drives into Czechoslovakia. Does anyone know where along the hranice (border) Mac crossed? And what town is that hospital in?

I'd like to drive by the area next time I get a chance and see how much has been changed in the last 20 years. :) TIA.


I did not know that! I love Richard Dean Anderson.(As an actor). I watched "Stargate" because he was so funny on it. I have to find that episode!
S2kDriver
Member
Posts: 51
Joined: 10-May-04 16:36
Location: Dix Hills, Long Island, New York, USA

Postby S2kDriver » 08-Jul-07 4:22

gr84all wrote:
S2kDriver wrote:Did anybody see this MacGyver episode? It was shot in former Czechoslovakia in 1987. Mac lands in Vienna, Austria and drives into Czechoslovakia. Does anyone know where along the hranice (border) Mac crossed? And what town is that hospital in?

I'd like to drive by the area next time I get a chance and see how much has been changed in the last 20 years. :) TIA.


I did not know that! I love Richard Dean Anderson.(As an actor). I watched "Stargate" because he was so funny on it. I have to find that episode!


Actually, now that I think about it, probably wasn't shot in former Czechoslovakia. They were Communist and probably wouldn't have allowed any filming lol.
User avatar
eso
Senior Member
Posts: 1717
Joined: 27-Jan-06 16:35
Location: Kladno/Prague

Postby eso » 08-Jul-07 9:34

S2kDriver wrote:Did anybody see this MacGyver episode? It was shot in former Czechoslovakia in 1987. Mac lands in Vienna, Austria and drives into Czechoslovakia. Does anyone know where along the hranice (border) Mac crossed? And what town is that hospital in?

I'd like to drive by the area next time I get a chance and see how much has been changed in the last 20 years. :) TIA.


I only remember, that when I 've seen it, I laughed during whole episode. Because everything about Czechoslovakia was really unrealistic (even for this kind of show :). And name of one person was Anton Dubcek!

I even believe that signs in "Czechoslovakia" were in azbuka (Cirillic alphabet).
wer
Senior Member
Posts: 1700
Joined: 17-Nov-05 0:52
Location: East Bohemia

Postby wer » 08-Jul-07 14:03

S2kDriver wrote:…They were Communist and probably wouldn't have allowed any filming lol.

Quite the oposite! Communists were desirous of dollars. Even some primitive anticommunistic propaganda didn’t matter as long as the film was only for the West.
gr84all
Member
Posts: 14
Joined: 01-Jul-07 1:57
Location: Ontario, Canada/Ostrava

Postby gr84all » 09-Jul-07 1:41

Actually, after some research on the internet, all MacGyver episodes were shot on location in British Columbia, Canada. Especially around the Vancouver area. (Same for his other show "Stargate SG1). There is no way the show had the budget to travel to Czechoslovakia! They were shooting in BC because it was cheaper than LA. That's why they call Canada "Holywood North".
User avatar
Sova
Moderator
Posts: 1500
Joined: 05-Jan-04 7:01
Location: NY, USA

Postby Sova » 09-Jul-07 18:18

Even though I enjoyed watching the show while it ran, I have to admit that some of the science in the show was pretty bad, especially considering that MacGyver supposedly had been a physics student.
User avatar
eso
Senior Member
Posts: 1717
Joined: 27-Jan-06 16:35
Location: Kladno/Prague

Postby eso » 09-Jul-07 19:39

Sova wrote:Even though I enjoyed watching the show while it ran, I have to admit that some of the science in the show was pretty bad, especially considering that MacGyver supposedly had been a physics student.


What you say, I cannot assemble computer from spoon, rope ball and car engine?! ;-)
When in trouble or in doubt,
run in circles scream and shout.
User avatar
Sova
Moderator
Posts: 1500
Joined: 05-Jan-04 7:01
Location: NY, USA

Postby Sova » 10-Jul-07 17:04

eso wrote:What you say, I cannot assemble computer from spoon, rope ball and car engine?! Wink

:D I was referring to the fact that the main character, MacGyver, was supposed to have been a physics student, and on the show he used various scientific principles to jury-rig solutions to problems. My point was that some of the solutions he found would never work in reality, or were in fact contrary to scientific principles.
User avatar
dzurisova
Senior Member
Posts: 1710
Joined: 13-Apr-06 18:27
Location: Michigan, USA
Contact:

Postby dzurisova » 12-Jul-07 19:52

But Sova, the average Jo (or Jane) wouldn't know that so we all thought he was awesome! Not to mention, good looking. :wink:

wer wrote:Even some primitive anticommunistic propaganda didn’t matter as long as the film was only for the West.


Hey, at least the show was anti-guns. That's a step towards communism. :D
Bůh ti žehnej

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests