Sesame Street

Discussion in 'Movies, Music & Media' started by dzurisova, Apr 18, 2006.

1. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

Is the children's learning show Sesame Street in the CR or anything comparable? If so, can it be purchased in the US.

For one, I think it would be great learning tool for those of us adults who want to learn.

Two: I would love to play it for my husbands grandson who is 3 years old and 1/2 czech but doesn't speak the language. We could watch it together and both learn. :D

2. Halef

Halef Well-Known Member

Both Sesam Street and Teletubbies have been broadcasted in CR recently, with Czech dubbing.
    There is a Czech "learning show" called Kostičky ("Little cubes") featuring a "clown" character who "guides" kids through the world. But the show is not language-learning one, rather a getting-to-know-the-world one.

Kostičky and Teletubbies are available on DVD, Sesam street is not I'm afraid.

3. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

Do you know how I could purchase Kostičky here in the states? I looked for it on Amazon and it wasn't there. Some Yoga came up.

4. gementricxs

gementricxs Well-Known Member

I think it's probably not available in the US, it's series which isn't so interesting for people. I mean more people will probably buy some Czech movie than this.
    You can buy it on Czech e-shop, there's two DVDs available: Kostičky 1, Kostičky 2. The biggest problem would be the price I think, if you look at the webpage you'll see that the price is around 220Kč for one DVD and the postage for US is approximately 500Kč. So, the postage is actually bigger than the DVDs itself.

5. wer

wer Well-Known Member

6. wer

wer Well-Known Member

Interesting, it is again on-line accesible. But only last series called Moudronos.

7. kirzy777

kirzy777 Member

Since we're talking about Sesame street here. Who is your favourite charcter in Sesame street? Mine is of course, Big bird. Simply because I find him cute and yellow. He's been my favorite ever since I started to watch Sesame street. Oh, I like cookie monster too!

:lol: Kirzy Kate