XXX (the movie)

Discussion in 'Movies, Music & Media' started by JoanneK, Oct 29, 2002.

1. JoanneK

JoanneK New Member

Anyone seen XXX yet (Vin Diesel - set in Prague) - plse tell me at least one of those clubs really exists in Prague ! If not - is there anything similar ? Going in mid Dec.

2. boohiss13

boohiss13 Member

If you haven't yet, watch the DVD and look at the "Director's Story"...it talks about those clubs, and no, sorry, those clubs do not exist. The one club when Orbital is playing is actually some kind of warehouse or something of the like, where they test high voltage electricity.

Whether or not there is anything LIKE those clubs, I seriously doubt it, but I dont live in CR, so not the one to ask about similarities...

3. silverkinguk

silverkinguk Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Yea I have'nt come across a disco like that in the movie.
    It is really just a fantasy movie.

:)

4. kirzy777

kirzy777 Member

" "Director's Story"...it talks about those clubs, and no, sorry, those clubs do not exist. The one club when Orbital is playing is actually some kind of warehouse or something of the like, where they test high voltage electricity. "

Yeah! I saw it. I was kinda dispappointed at first, cause I did thought that they really shot the movie in there. Though, I was curious too cause I've never come to this kind of club ( club shot in the movie ) in Prague while I was there for a vacation.

Despite of the fake sets anyway, the movie turned well. After all Vin Diesl was on it so who cares really where they shot it. Or do we?

Kirzy Kate :wink:

5. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the movie Mission Impossible, and the restaurant on Staroměstké Náměstí with the big aquarium ...

6. gementricxs

gementricxs Well-Known Member

I've actually haven't seen either of these movies :oops: , but I have few questions.
    Do you have picture of that "club"? I wonder whether it is the lab in ČVUT (Prague 6) or not. There's some lab for testing high voltage electricity. There's also another lab for testing high voltage in Prague-Běchovice.

And another question, do you have pic of that aquarium? I heard it was actually build in Old Town Square for that movie. Could be cool to be around at that time.

7. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

I'll try and find a picture of the Aquarium for you. BTW, Wikipedia says the following:

The "Aquarium" restaurant, where the meeting between Hunt and his supreme officer takes place, is located at the Old Town square (Prague). There is no such building there. Special effects were used to cover the actual buildings by this completely fictitious restaurant.

I also found an article in the Prague Tribune, saying something to the effect that Prague Studios supplied a large aquarium for some shots on Mission Impossible. So, hmm... perhaps not totally CG after all.

8. kirzy777

kirzy777 Member

"Reminds me of the movie Mission Impossible, and the restaurant on Staroměstké Náměstí with the big aquarium ..."

I've seen both of the movies but I can't quite visualise what you really mean. Ahhhh....are your referring to that huge restaurant aquaium wich was destroyed? by a gum bomb? Yeah, i remember that indeed so how is that connected to the that dicso club in XXX?

Kirzy Kate
    :wink:

9. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

Yes, that aquarium. The point was that both the disco club and the aquarium restaurant are creations of Hollywood, and not part of the real Prague, and it seems that tourists coming to Prague are having a hard time finding either of them.

10. gementricxs

gementricxs Well-Known Member

Okay, I really need to rent both movies and see that :oops: :oops: :oops: