English DVD with Czech language

Discussion in 'Movies, Music & Media' started by unclebuzz, Sep 12, 2007.

1. unclebuzz

unclebuzz New Member

I'm not sure if this has already been asked.

I'm looking for DVDs in curculation which have Czech spoken -not subtitles- as an option.

The only one I have found is The Italain Job -the remake with Mark Wahlbergh.
    Any others........?

2. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

Almost any DVD you buy here have czech dubbing. But if you want to buy it abroad, you will probably only find czech subtitles. Other option is to buy czech movies - for example "Dark Blue World", "Kolya", ...

3. GlennInFlorida

GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member

Very true but most of the DVD's over there won't work over here - you would need to buy one formatted for NTSC and, except for tourist type travelogues, I imagine those are few and far between. I only mention this because there may be some folks who are unaware of the formatting differences. In addition to the NTSC/PAL differences, there are also country codes embedded in the DVD that limit use outside of a given area - you have to check all the details before you buy one for use elsewhere.

4. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

Whoops... I forget about NTSC/Pal(/Secam) problems. Regional codes can be solved by buying regionfree DVD player (set to Region zero), or plaiying DVDs via computer DVD-ROM set to european (2 I guess) region. Finally, this will solve NTSC/Pal problem as well.

I guess all those codes are only good to make people's life more complicated.

5. GlennInFlorida

GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member

yeah, they drive me nuts

6. laylah

laylah Well-Known Member

In the UK both play.com and Tesco Jersey organize their DVD sections so that you can browse by language. The number of films with Czech soundtrack is variable and usually quite small but I average one a month, though this month Tesco Jersey had a few I thought I'd watch, so I splashed out while they were available! (prices start from five pounds)

Only one disappointed - said it was Czech soundtrack, when in fact it was Slovak subtitles..... :roll: ah well, can't win 'em all and it still made good viewing

7. Yvan

Yvan Well-Known Member