Online Music Store?

Discussion in 'Movies, Music & Media' started by samurai7, Sep 29, 2007.

1. samurai7

samurai7 Member

Ahoj,

Does anyone know an online music store where I can buy Czech music? I want to buy Ewa Farna's new CD and Sarka Vankova's CD, but I can't find them here in Japan.

Mockrat dekuji.

2. EinBlauerHai

EinBlauerHai Active Member

Ahoj, Samurai!

I would suggest you try www.bontonland.cz -- I believe they ship just about anywhere, if you can afford it :)

Great taste in music, btw!

Jaa, mata na 8)

3. samurai7

samurai7 Member

Ajoj, EinBlauerHai,

Thank you for the link. I just visited the site and found out they offer international shipping to Japan. Arigato!! Dekuji!!

Is this store the same as the one near Mustek Station? When I visited Prague this spring, I went to the music store and listened to many CD's. :) Cool place.

Hezky den. 8)

4. eso

eso Well-Known Member

Yes, it's the same place.

5. EinBlauerHai

Ahoj, Samurai!

Glad to be of help :)

If you like Šárka and Ewa, you should also check out Lucie Vondráčková -- she has some great songs. If you feel like trying some Slovak pop, MC Erik & Barbara are worth looking up -- just avoid their english-language work :lol: And if you venture westward in your musical journey, LaFee is a German pop singer similar to Ewa Farna, but a bit ... edgier, you could say.

Anyway, all these artists are available from Bontonland.

6. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

If you can afford it is right. To ship a CD to Michigan, they wanted 976 Kč. Which according to Wer in another thread:

That would cost $50, plus the $14 for the CD. I can't think of any CD for which I'm willing to pay $64.

7. EinBlauerHai

The shipping is expensive by most standards, but in Japan you can easily pay the equivalent of $30 US for a CD and $50 US for a DVD. So, Samurai should be used to shelling out that kind of dough :lol:

Unfortunately, there just aren't many avenues to get Czech music outside of Central/Eastern Europe :?

8. dzurisova

Is it cheeper to have a friend in CZ purchase it and mail it to me? About how much would they pay to mail something to the US?

9. Karel_lerak

Karel_lerak Well-Known Member

The DVD in paper envelope weights something more than 20g, with some filling it shouldn't be more than 50g.
    The basic tariff form ČR to USA for <=50g is 20 CZK (priority 23 CZK).
    By registered mail <=50g 53 CZK (priority post 56 CZK).

10. wer

wer Well-Known Member

Possibly, there are shops shiping inexpensively (or even for free) overseas. This shop, for example - the website in English and prices in dollars are a big plus, the orientation mostly on classic music a minus (I have nothing against the classic music, I just comment the limited supply).

And finally, we live in the 21th century, right? There is no need to ship a CD overseas, you can pay for a download (and possibly burn the file on CD yourself). And there is no need to buy the whole CD, you can choose your songs. This shop is oriented on this way of selling.

11. wer

wer Well-Known Member

Kdo chvíli stál, již stojí opodál - den žádný dvakrát se již nenarodí, čin dvakrát neuzraje.

Now, it is 19,353 Kč. Dollar is quickly falling down.

12. dzurisova

Thank you for the websites Wer. Unfortunately, neither of them have the CD I'm searching for. I want the entire CD because it is a live concert. I've emailed all my friends in CZ in hopes that they could upload the CD and email it to me. Unfortunately, none of them have it either. However, I've had a break through! I emailed the musician. I think he was so excited that an American (non-czech) knows of him and wants his music that he offered to send me the CD for free. What a great guy!

Either he was excited that I know of him, or he was amused by my bad czech. :wink: I showed my husband the email after I sent it and he pointed out silly mistakes such as: "svůj hudby je velmy krasny". :lol: I thought svůj is the formal way of saying tvůj. It's a good thing I wrote the email in czech and then English. :)

13. samurai7

samurai7 Member

EinBlauerHai,

I just checked out Lucie's official Web site. She is pretty good. Erik & Barbara's music is also interesting. It's really fun to explore Czech music. So far, I like Bara Basikova, Ewa, Sarka, and Aneta. I'm hoping to travel there again next year, so hopefully I'll get to attend some concerts. :) Maybe I should study Czech seriously so I can understand lyrics. 8)

Dekuji!

14. EinBlauerHai

Sou desu yo! I firmly believe that, while music is the international language, it's important to have some understanding of the text :) Of course, Czech is a difficult language to learn, when your native tongue isn't slavic. But look at the bright side: you've already learned how to read and write thousands of kanji -- Czech can't be much harder than that :lol:

Ganbatte!

15. veloh

veloh New Member

ok first off, bontom or whatever .com has NOTHING!!!!! where is the best damn czech hip hop artist chaozz or 3D I'm in need to get those titles but god damn can't find it anywhere! I don't care how much I'd be paying I just need to find a store that has it! any help?