Czech equivalent of Morecambe & Wise?

Discuss Czech film, music, TV and other media. Share info on movies filmed in the Czech Republic.

Moderators: Sova, gementricxs, Jeff

Polednikova

Postby Polednikova » 28-Dec-07 0:16

eso wrote:Tomorow:

TV Nova 20.00
Marečku, podejte mi pero!

- classic and popular Czech comedy. "Canonical" Czech comedic movie and good test for you, if you are capable to understanding of typical Czech humor :) :)

That's annoying - we're going to Litvinov tomorrow to watch Slavia. Although my Czech won't be up to it yet, I'm quite good at the sense of humour and would have liked to have watched it.
Last edited by Polednikova on 28-Dec-07 0:33, edited 1 time in total.
Polednikova

Postby Polednikova » 28-Dec-07 0:21

Dana wrote:
eso wrote:I have still memorised these songs, they are burned in my brain...

How about:

"Je ti teplo, děvče?"
"Teplo, dědečku, teplo, Mrazíčku."

----------------

"Nastěnku chci za ženu!"

----------------

I actually had my American husband Jeff watch Mrazík a couple of years ago because I considered it essential for his assimilation into the Czech culture. :) He also knows some classic lines from Marečku, such as "Hliník se odstěhoval do Humpolce," and he knows that Postřižiny is the movie with the loud guy in it. Thanks for the reminder, eso. I already missed Vynález zkázy but I'll definitely try watching the others - for the umpteenth time. :)

I'm not sure I'd tell everyone that the main thing Jeff remembers about Postřižiny is the man with the loud voice! I would have thought things like the bottom spanking were infinitely more memorable! Or perhaps he was just being tactful...
Last edited by Polednikova on 29-Dec-07 10:25, edited 1 time in total.
eso

Postby eso » 28-Dec-07 1:04

Polednikova wrote:
eso wrote:Tomorow:

TV Nova 20.00
Marečku, podejte mi pero!

- classic and popular Czech comedy. "Canonical" Czech comedic movie and good test for you, if you are capable to understanding of typical Czech humor :) :)

That's annoying - we're going to Litvinov tomorrow to watch Slavia. Although my Czech won't be up to it yet, I'm quite good at the sense of humour and would have liked to have watched it.

No problem, Kulovy blesk (Saturday 18.00 Nova) is even more typical and some people say it's humor is even more problematic (understandingwise) to non-Czechs ;)
When in trouble or in doubt,
run in circles scream and shout.
Dana

Postby Dana » 28-Dec-07 2:10

Polednikova wrote:I'm not sure I'd tell everyone that the main thing Jeff remembers about Postřižiny is the man with the loud voice! I would have thought things like the bottom spanking were infinitely more memorable! Or perhaps he was just been tactful...

Jeff hasn't seen the movie. He's just around whenever I watch it. In my opinion, Postřižiny is not the easiest film to appreciate if you don't fully relate to its "Czechness".

Speaking of memorable Postřižiny scenes, Maryška and Pepin's climb up the brewery chimney is up on my list. As is their dance, Maryška downing the pint of beer that needed to be chilled a tad, her taking the bath, Francin going round and round on his motorcycle, Francin exercising at the window and stopping short at the sight of his brother... And of course both lovely hairdresser scenes. And the most memorable line? "Nudíte se? Kupte si medvídka mývala!" This film is just precious. :)