Moving to Czech Republic

Discussion in 'Expat Life' started by Roland_of_Eld, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Roland_of_Eld

Roland_of_Eld New Member

Hello everybody, I am in need of some help, and I'm hoping someone here will be able to give me the answers I need.

I have just moved to CR, and am finding the things I need to do legally seem to be ever changing.

For example, I was told I needed to go to the Police within 30 days of arrival to inform them of my presence. I did this (in Znojmo), only to be told by the correct department that it is nothing to do with them, that it needs to be done in Brno.

Now the place in Brno are telling us that we need to bring a wealth of stuff with us, and I honestly don't know if it is right or wrong, or what I should do!

Can anyone here who has been through this experience advise the correct things that you should do upon relocation, as I'm stuck.

Thanks for your time

Michael

2. Jirka

Jirka Well-Known Member

Hi Michael,

I don't know anything useful about the red tape you're dealing with but I teach at a language school where some of the co-teachers must have been through the situation you're in now. One of them have replied to my email about it and he indicates there are differences depending on where you come from. He is from Scotland and says he could help if you're from Europe too.

Your turn.

Regards…

Jirka

3. Roland_of_Eld

Roland_of_Eld New Member

Hi Jirka,

Thanks very much for your reply; I managed to get sorted in the end. It seems like most of the information on-line is inaccurate and misleading!

I am from England, so I would have likely had to go through the same process as your Scottish friend :)

4. Jirka

Jirka Well-Known Member

Hi Michael,

The Scottish referendum only takes place in September. Until then, you're countrymen. Seriously: Martin believes the process he went through should be the same for people coming to the Czech Republic from other European countries.

I'm putting his email address to a private message.

Regards…

Jirka