Moving to Brno on May 1st

Discussion in 'Expat Life' started by Slainte, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Slainte

Slainte New Member

Hi,

I have been offered a job in Brno on a salary of 1100 EUROS Gross per month. Is this a good salary for a single fellow living and working in Brno?

Is it hard to find accomodation before I go over? IBM have offered me temporary accomodation for the first few weeks (I do have to pay for it) Should I go for that?
    Ideally I would like to have already gotten accomodation before I arrive? Can anyone help on how I go about that?

How have other expats found relocating to Brno? Is life good?

I have booked my flight into Bratislava. Can I just get a train from the airport in Bratislave straight to Brno? How often would they go and how much would it cost?

Also I read somewhere that you can purchase a 3 month ticket to travel around Brno, does anyone know how much that would cost?

I will also need to buy bedding when I arrive, do you know of any cheap stores that would sell a duvet/quilt at reasonable prices?

I know, alot of questions here and I thank you all in advance.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm from Ireland by the way.

Thanks!!!

2. bibax

bibax Well-Known Member

1100 Eur = 29700 CZK (1 € = 27 Kč)

It is about 22500 Kč after tax. It would be a very good salary for me. But I am rather modest. I don't eat the truffle-stuffed partriges every day.

3. Ctyri koruny

Ctyri koruny Well-Known Member

Another Irish person!

Huzzah!

I'm sorry I can't answer any of your questions at the moment.

The wage seems great to me, but I live in a small town, still I'm making about half of that and living very comfortably, but I'm also not big on truffle stuffed partridges... though now that you mention it I suddenly have a craving..