Wages in Czech

Discussion in 'Expat Life' started by Yerusalyim, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Yerusalyim

Yerusalyim Well-Known Member

My wife and I are thinking of moving to the Czech Republic when I retire from the US Army this summer. My wife is a Czech national from Ostrava. My retirement pay check from the military will be around 40,000 cK a month. We could live there on that alone. However, for my own mental well being I'll need a job. I'm in conversation with several schools about positions teaching English.

My question is this...when a firm offers a salary of 25,000 cK a month how much is deducted for taxes, insurance, etc?

I'm hoping to find a job there that will pay the bills...or close to it...so that I can simply bank my military pension and use it to travel and eventually buy a house in Czech.

Tell me what you know.

2. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

I guess good teacher of any foreign language, especially native, should be appreciated and should find a job without difficulties.

3. wer

wer Well-Known Member

A lot.

It is likely to be different after the May election, but you can check the current state using this salary calculator (translation by Google, not perfect but comprehensible).