Education/Money/Job Opportunities

Discussion in 'Expat Life' started by JCPalmer, Jun 27, 2004.

1. JCPalmer

JCPalmer New Member

Hello, I'm currently a Psychology student at University of Massachusetts Amherst in the United States. I have always been interested in moving to Prague but I have a few questions.

1) I recently visited Canada and if you did not know the currency is 1.34870 CAD for every 1 USD. This seems pretty good, you go and visit and you dont need to spend as much but the problem is they jack up all the prices. This makes it come out basically even with USD dollars so you really dont save much. I noticed that for every 1 USD you get 26.1109 CZK. This is a very noticable difference from the CAD - USD conversion. My question is, are the prices in the Czech Republic raised to match those of standard USD fees? If you are not sure, listing common products with their prices would suffice (toothpaste, a bottle of water etc..)

2) As I stated before I' am studying Psychology and wish to further my education and become a Psychiatrist, this leads me to two questions. Are there alot of psychology/psychiatry jobs available in the Czech Republic (prague mainly) if so what is the standard pay for a psychologist/psychiatrist? Secondly how does a United States education compare to a education out of the states? I'm asking this last question becuase I' am not sure if I want to go to graduate school in the United States or out of the United States.

Thanks, JCPalmer