Need information - relocating!!

Discussion in 'Expat Life' started by AussieGuy, Nov 27, 2003.

1. AussieGuy

AussieGuy New Member

Hi there!
    My name is Dave and I currently live in Edinburgh. I am planning to relocate to teh Czech republic next year to live and work there. I would be interested to hear from anyone who can offer me advice as to what qualifications I need (I have a degree but no TEFL), where to live and where to teach. I appreciate your time reading my message

David Zeman

2. Anke

Anke Well-Known Member

Hi Dave,

I currently live in the Czech Republic to teach English and German, so I can tell you that you will need a degree, but not necessarily the TEFL to find a job here. Sometimes, they do not even ask for a degree. Private language schools pay the best salaries but they still vary enormously. I just wrote to the addresses I found on the internet and then chose the best offer. Finding a place to live is very problematic unless you´re able to pay more than 10.000 crowns/month. Sometimes, a relocation agency can be helpful but they usually take one month´s rent for their work (for example www.praguerentals.cz).
    Hope this helps a bit?
    bye,
    Anke

3. hi dave, i wish you well for the new move to czech, just a question, being an aussie, and a czech surname,can or do you like or play cricket. our club here always need new players and we already have some half aussie half czech players on or team. please let me know. scott