Job opporunities in CR/Prague?

Discussion in 'Expat Life' started by Tiku, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Tiku

Tiku New Member

Hi everybody!

Just joined and thought to ask what is the current job situation in CR for a Finnish business school graduate?

I have fallen deeply in love with CR and see that there are future possibilities in the country but the problem is how to get myself to start working there.. ;-)

Does anyone know where I could find job postings for foreigners and/or anybody know of companies that do not require "fluent Czech"? I'm already familiar with monster.cz but that the extent of my knowledge..

I'm in the process of learning the language but I fear it will take some time... I already know Finnish, English, Swedish, German and Spanish but Czech is quite difficult...

In the meanwhile I'll continue in my current job...

Thanks in advance...

Tiku

Edit:
    I surfed around this board and noticed that its propably not so easy to find such a position... I have no disillusions but still I'll keep on looking.. Keep the faith.. :wink:

2. uuspoiss

uuspoiss Well-Known Member

Our local biggest online "job agency", CV Online, also operates in the CR and seems to be doing good. Have a look at www.cvonline.cz - they may happen to have something you're interested in. You can switch the interface language to English on the upper panel in the middle. Good luck in your search!

3. BinB

BinB New Member

Hi Tiku,

What kind of job are you looking for? If you have IT/translation knowledge and willing to work in IT/Translation business, you can apply to our company in Brno.
    I'm not sure we have an open position for the moment but we're frequently looking for new people who speak fluent English, not necessarily Czech (personnaly I don't ;-)
    If you want more info you can go on our website :

www.jonckers.com

Good luck anyway,
    Bernard