moving to czech

Discussion in 'Expat Life' started by Anonymous, Jun 19, 2002.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i was thinking of moving to czech but im having trouble getting information off the internet.a couple thing i was wanting to know is whats the average income there in your currency and i was wanting to know about the school year.. when or if kids get extended time off..here kids get about 2-3 months off for a summer break and im trying to time our move just right

2. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

The average income varies between Prague (generally much higher than elsewhere), other large cities, small towns and rural areas. I think the official national average income is around 15,000 Kc/month these days but you can easily be earning 6,000 Kc in a small town and 60,000 Kc or more in Prague.
    The school year for elementary to high school kids is September 1 - June 30. College students have more flexible schedules and usually start the school year at the end of September and end it around the beginning of June, depending on how they schedule their exams. In addition to the summer break, there is a Christmas break (usually about 10 days), spring break (a week) and a few other short breaks on various holidays.

[This message has been edited by Dana (edited July 08, 2002).]