Where to work?

Discussion in 'Expat Life' started by Hoosier, Oct 19, 2003.

1. Hoosier

Hoosier New Member

Hello,

After the Christmas break I hope to be teaching english somewhere in Eastern Europe. Prague seems like the obvious choice, but has anybody had quality experiences at different cities in Czech like Brno? Any suggestions from those of you who know the ropes would be greatly appreciated.

2. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

A private language school Lingua Centrum in Olomouc looks for a teacher of English language (I read an ad recently)...

3. Hoosier

Hoosier New Member

Jana,
    Have you been to Oloumoc? Would you prefer it to Prague. It just seems like Prague has become too popular. I would rather find a smaller city that has plenty to do but is less travelled. Any suggestions?

Thanks

4. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

Well, I was born in Olomouc, have lived there almost all my life and I even taught at that language school for three years. Olomouc is a beautiful city, approx. 200 miles eastward from Prague, about 100,000 inhabitants, the second oldest university in the country (established in 1573, at present seven schools with about 14 thousand students), the second largest historical city reservation, beautiful parks with international floral exhibition, mountains with ski resort within reasonable distance (two-hour car ride) etc. etc. You can see some more at www.upol.cz, there is a sightseeing and the website is both in Czech and English.