Please help me in this.....

Discussion in 'Expat Life' started by raj_macro, Feb 15, 2007.

1. raj_macro

raj_macro New Member

Hi there people...
    Well...first of all let me salute you all in here...
    Second of all i have about 1001 questions for you and i dont really know where to start...kinda ****ty....
    Well lets take it stept by step...
    I got a job offer from IBM GSDC in Brno, wich for me sounded very very good..
    a nice salary(45.000,. CZK) , plus a realocation bonus of about 26000 CZK...
    is it possible to stay with my wife in the 45,000CZK is suffcient or not
    Well me not knowing CR so good and neither BRNO, i would like u guys to tell me what u think about this...is this good money down there ?
    Can u live with that ? I need to also find a small flat, but i'm not into sharing flats and so(some nasty expieriences in the past) ...and i was looking at the sites u provided and wanted to know...i mean i got about 2 weeks left to accept or deny this contract with IBM and i would really really like to know what to do...As far as i read about BRNO, it is a nice city and quite interesting...but i really couldnt find out was :
    I am originaly from India ,
    So...could someone please be so nice and try to help me at least with some of the questions i posted here...
    I also hope i did not offend anyone in this forum, and if anyone here DOES feel offended by my questions please let me know.

Thanks and have a very nice day.

2. doman

doman Well-Known Member

Your questions are really difficult to answer. You should go to Brno and find them out by yourself. Livable or unlivable belong to you only. Living standard does not count on everyone. Be good !

3. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

I think that probably no one has answered your questions because you can find many of the answers by reading other forums on this board. Just use the search option.

One thing I can say since I've spent time in India and in Czech Republic (never in Brno though) is that you will notice a strong difference in modesty. If you go to youtube and just watch some Czech commercials you will get some idea of the way of life in CR.

Also, (not to stereotype but...) you may also notice that most Czech people view the thoughts and opinions of women as equal to men's opinions. Meaning that thoughts and opinions are given the same respect and treatment regardless of whether they come from a man or woman. Which, from my experience, is different than in India.

Well I hope my comments didn't offend you and I hope they were of some help.

4. Averell

Averell Active Member

hi

i would say it's definitely possible for you and your wife to live with 45000 czk. if you don't need to live right in the center a flat for 2 persons would be between 10,000 and 15,000 - that leaves plenty of money for the rest. food is not that expensive and i guess you won't be going everyday to the most expensive restaurants, right?

you will be perfectly fine with that

5. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

The average salary in the Czech Republic is about 20,000 Kč, and Brno is only perhaps moderately (30-50%??) above the national average for living expenses. So I'd imagine that, at least by Czech standards (not sure what you're used to), that you should be fine.

6. apaithankar

apaithankar New Member

Hi raj_macro,

I am from India and got an offer from IBM Brno through Manpower. If you r in Brno kindly get in touch with me.

7. bohemiandude

bohemiandude Member

Hey Dzurisova, are you serious about women's views being equal as men's ... You guys are behind the times because in Germany if a women wants you to sit and urinate than a man must. :lol: