Electricity prices in CR

Discussion in 'Expat Life' started by Mofosius, Nov 18, 2007.

1. Mofosius

Mofosius New Member

Hi, does anyone know the average price per kW of electricity in CR?
    I have a feeling my landlord is ripping me off........

2. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

3. Sigma

Sigma Well-Known Member

4. fabik317

fabik317 Well-Known Member

according to this the price is 1586CZK/MWh plus some obscure hard-to-calculate additional charges, so i guess anywhere between 2 and 5CZK/kWh would be a realistic price. of course the price will vary depending on your location or electricity provider.

5. meluzina

meluzina Well-Known Member

just to add a bit...

that 1586 is just for the delivery of electricity(including VAT) - the charge for actual electricity depends on the plan you are subscribed to - using that same example, it would be either 2449 or 1949 per megawatthour (dependent on the actual plan you are subscribed to)..... then there are additional megawatt charges - for a total of either of 4256 or 3756 per megawatt hour or 4.25 3.75 per kw hour respectively - in addition, you also pay a monthly flat fee of 45 crowns a month for distribution (total of 540 per year) and then a monthly flat fee depending on the value of your main breaker - this ranges from 27 per month to 173 per month - in my case (i live in a small house) i would pay a 68 crown per month fee

now there are also lower rates available if you have the so-called "night rate" - so it truly depends on how your house/flat is wired and the plan....

eon happens to be my electricity provider and producer - i live in s. bohemia - but with the rates i am subscribed to, i pay 2175 during the high rate period and 1420 during the low rate periods, plus a monthly fee of 354 - the low rate period is only 8 hours per day - there are other plans that allow it for longer if you use electrical heating

i'm sure that this same sort of information is available from other distributors as well depending on the region in which you reside