What pain killers are legal without perscription?

Discussion in 'Expat Life' started by Ctyri koruny, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Ctyri koruny

Ctyri koruny Well-Known Member

This makes me look like such a shady character...

I know in Germany all you can get is Aspirin

I am accustomed to being able to buy

Aspirin
    Paracetamol
    Ibuprofen

in any corner shop, and small amounts of

Codeine

within "Solpadeine" at a chemist without prescription.

I don't take any of these on a regular basis, I will usually just leave headaches pass. But I am female, and once a month Solpadeine is the only thing that lets me have a pain free couple of days.

Which of these are available in CZ and what are the brand names?

2. wer

wer Well-Known Member

Yes, look for Aspirin, Acylpyrin, Anopyrin.

There is a lot paracetamol based drugs. The most common are “Paralen” and “Panadol”.

Ibuprofen, Brufen, Ibalgin, Dolgit…

No opiates without medical prescription.

You needn’t know all the brand names, just ask for Aspirin, Paracetamol or Ibuprofen. The pharmacist will help you.

3. Ctyri koruny

Ctyri koruny Well-Known Member

[/quote]

Darn! Do you think I would be allowed to bring it over? Just one packet would do me till Christmas!
    I'll try anyway, I'll put it in my carry on luggage and I won't try to hide it. If they take it off me then they take it off me.

Thank you! :)

4. cestina

cestina Active Member

It never occurred to me that there might be a problem bringing over tablets containing codeine. I have been transporting several packets of Veganin (Paracetemol, codeine and caffeine) at a time for many years for friends both in Germany and the CR. It appears to be the only combination that helps some people suffering from migraine.

At some point during those years my luggage has certainly been checked and no one has ever said anything. After all you can bring in your prescription drugs without a problem so why not tablets that are freely available over the counter in your own country?