Health insurance

Discussion in 'Expat Life' started by Ctyri koruny, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Ctyri koruny

Ctyri koruny Well-Known Member

So apparently I'm paying some ridiculous price out of my salary for health insurance. How important is this in the Czech Republic? Is it compulsory?

It really bugs me because it was my understanding that my European Health Insurance Card would entitle me to the same free treatment I would receive at home in Ireland.

2. alenastef

alenastef Well-Known Member

If this is still actual:

Once working in CZ and having the tax domicile here, you are also registered to the State public health insurance system, i. e. you have to pay the sickness insurance (it is deduced directly from your salary). Foreigners working for companies incorporated within the Republic are also covered.
    A foreigner without permanent residence only participates in public health insurance as an employee of an employer, whose registered office is in the Czech Republic.
    If you have not requested by specific E-106 form a deviation from this rule, you are still REGISTERED in Ireland, but registerd AND insured in CZ. Your Irish card is not valid and you have to ask for the Czech one. Speak with your HR office about this.