Hi

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Katie/Katerina, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Katie/Katerina

Katie/Katerina Active Member

Hi all. I have just posted on the expats forum boards, as I am soon to be moving to Prague (July/August).

Have been viewing the boards for a while now, and planning the move for a couple of years, and now I am finally qualifying as a teacher I can make that move with my Czech boyfriend.

I've already had loads of great advice and tips from reading the boards, and can't wait to make the move...

I hope I'll be able to get more help and tips about Czech expat life... if you don't mind :wink:

One question I forgot to add to my other posts might seem crazy, but... how is ginger hair viewed in Czech. In the UK, especially Liverpool, it is generally mocked and a point of amusement, and in Spain, especially the south, I'm as unlucky as a black cat for superstitious Spaniards... so far in Czech it seems to be viewed quite positively... I hope! Any ideas?

Hi to you all-
    Katie/Katerina
    A soon to be not-so-scouse-scouser in Prague

2. Polednikova

Polednikova Well-Known Member

Welcome, Katie. I can imagine how much you are looking forward to coming here, if you've been planning it for so long!

On the ginger hair question, I'm not Czech so I don't really know but I imagine you'll be regarded as something of an oddity because you certainly don't see many natural redheads here in Prague! :lol: Probably better to post on one of the other sections about that, rather than in Introductions?

3. Irena M

Irena M Well-Known Member

Welcome!
    My mother was a readhead and had no problems in Prague.

4. The Animal

The Animal Well-Known Member

vítám vás