hello from CA,USA and what are Czech teens like?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by martha k, May 30, 2004.

1. martha k

martha k New Member

Hey All!

My twelve year old daughter is headed for Prague to live with a wonderful family for three weeks as part of a CISV delegation from the states. CISV is an international group that builds peace through friendships between families and kids. We are so excited she is headed for Prague!

We are also curious. Is it a great place for teenagers? It looks like it would be very nice. And the family she will be with seems very happy. Any advice on what teenagers do in Prague? Do they bike on streets? Do they shop by themselves or with parents? What's a typical bedtime? Most of these questions are unanswerable, since all kids are different, but my memory of European kids are that they were well behaved, quiet and seemed more adult at an earlier age in their demeanor. They were not wild but enjoyed a great deal of freedom. Is this still true? It's been 25 years since I was a teen in Europe staying with my family.

2. Red

Red Member

Being an American living in Prague exclusivly right now, I don't see to many teenagers riding bikes. Everyone takes the metro or tram or just generally walks everywhere. There is a large mall in Zlicin, just outside of greater Prague. Alot of teenagers hangout there. There is also a large Movie Complex there that plays American movies. Hope this helps. Ciao.

3. martha k

martha k New Member

It does help, and I thank you for replying to the post. The family she will be living with roller blades a lot, bikes sometimes and swims quite a bit. I think she will have a lot of fun!