Married couple from California, new here. 1st time.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ondrejana, Mar 12, 2004.

1. ondrejana

ondrejana Well-Known Member

Greetings! My husband I are new to this site, but are extremely excited. We too live in California, just like Jiri, and we too will come to Praha (Zizkov exactly) in May for half month :D

Would like to speak to somebody regarding travel info. and hospody information too! It would be great to learn more about local life before coming. Though my name is Jana, I am Asian, but muh Ondrasku is Czech and speaks the language. Look forward to talking and meeting new folk.

2. maartenv

maartenv Well-Known Member

Hi there!

Vitam Te!

Enjoy reading and sharing here! It's a great source for (personal) information!

Cauky!

3. georgiocz

georgiocz Member

Yippie! more californians coming to CZ! Dobry Den, Kdy odlétá příští letadlo do Prahy? Jmenuji se George, kde je nejaka dalsi dobra hospoda? Jeste jedno pivo prosim. You will find me at Club CR mostly...

4. ondrejana

ondrejana Well-Known Member

Greetings back... I am currently at work, and it's 0315 in the morning! That's the life of a night nurse..

Thank you for writing back, and for the warm welcome. yes, I hope to learn a LOT of Czech, and am utilizing 2 great books at the moment. Nightly, I practice reciting passages to my husband, who lies there and listens, correcting me when I'm way off..

I'm getting quite excited about my trip to Praha soon. Any tips for cheap fare (but good!) in Stare or Novy Mesto? Even Zizkov? anything would be greatly appreciated.

Look forward to having some quality conversations with you all....Have a great day.

Regards,
    Jana and Ondrej

5. Jeff

Jeff Well-Known Member

Hi Jana,

Welcome to the boards! May is a nice time to visit the Czech Republic. I suggest you post your travel related questions in the Travel Tips and Advice forum. It's the most appropriate forum for them and that's where community members will expect to see questions like that. You'll get more responses that way. :)

My wife and I spent some time in Žižkov this past fall and I will be happy to tell you about some places we liked to visit.

Jeff