Ahoj from Norfolk in the UK.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by hoppo29, Nov 30, 2008.

1. hoppo29

hoppo29 Member

Hi,

I have been a member of Myczechrepublic for a little while now. My name is Mark and I live in Norfolk in the UK, I am 30 years old. I have a wife who s from Hlucin, Darkovicky north of Ostrava. I would like to talk to people who are from or live near this area.

Cau

2. Irena M

Irena M Well-Known Member

Welcome from Palm Springs, CA.

3. Polednikova

Polednikova Well-Known Member

Sorry, I'm in Prague but welcome anyway. Hope your wife is teaching you Czech!

4. hoppo29

hoppo29 Member

ahoj,
    Yes my wife is teaching me Czech also I have Colloquial Czech and Step by Step books and also I have the pimsleur comprehensive czech audio program.

Na sheldanou

5. The Animal

The Animal Well-Known Member

vítám vás :wink:

6. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

welcome :)

7. scrimshaw

scrimshaw Well-Known Member

Hoppo, with all those resources, you'll be speaking like a native czech in no time.

8. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

Well you actually have to read them. :wink: I have those plus about 7 other learning books not counting the children's books my husband still has from his childhood. It's been 2 years and I still don't speak it. I guess just owning them doesn't telepathically transmit the knowledge to your head. Darn!

9. scrimshaw

scrimshaw Well-Known Member

That would be too easy, Katko. Take the fun out of it.

You just about got a library of czech books.

10. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

Actually, there's some evidence of learning by osmosis. At least, how else could my older brother fall asleep during a lecture, then wake up and ace the quiz! :)