Looking for the Rada family

Discussion in 'Looking for Ancestors' started by kickatat88, Dec 24, 2008.

1. kickatat88

kickatat88 Member

Hi my name is Jessica and my great grandmother is from Lhotka Czech Republic her name is Georgia Rada and i am trying to track down my family roots i hear that some of the rada family still lives there i will be i prague for a language program in april and i was thinking about taking a trip to see where my family is from if anyone could be of assistance in connecting me with my family i would greatly appreciate it. Dekuji vam za pomoc!

Jessica

2. eso

eso Well-Known Member

Hi,

unfortunately, Lhotka is common name for village in CR (something like Springfield in USA) and Rada is also common surname. Do you have more specific info?

3. kickatat88

kickatat88 Member

well i know that she was from the a small village outside of ostrava and near trutnov (i might have spelled that wrong) unfortunately thats all the info i have

4. Karel_lerak

Karel_lerak Well-Known Member

It may be Lanžov/Lhotka, okres Trutnov, but it is almost 300 km from Ostrava...
    As Eso said, it's a common name, there exist about 30 small villages with the name Lhotka in Czechia.
    Lhotka is a diminutive of Lhota, which is also a very common name of village here.
    Rada is a common surname (2 272 in 5 015 550 Czech men's surnames)