Sklenka

Discussion in 'Looking for Ancestors' started by Applepi, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Applepi

Applepi New Member

My grandfather's last name is Sklenka. He lived with his wife Margita in the Slovak region of Nova Bana. They had 2 sons, Stefan Jr., and Gustav. Stefan Jr, born in the early 1930's (1934 I believe)..Gusta was several years younger. Both grandparents I believe died late 70's. In any case, Grandfater had an illigimate son who was named Stefan as well. I am trying to find out his whereabouts...it is a long shot. He would be my half uncle. I would place him to be in his 60's.

I don't suppose hospital records are available on the internet.

2. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

Sorry, I just found this old post today. I did a quick look in the online phonebook, and found a Štefan Sklenka in Zlaté Moravce, which is within about 20km of Nová Baňa.

3. Applepi

Applepi New Member

Hi Sova

Oh my goodness, thank you so much. What a coincidence, I just signed out of the forum and today was the first time I checked the forum since I registered.

Would this on line phone book have an address for Stefan or phone number? Or can you send me a link to this phone book, I ll look it up.

Thank you. Slavka

4. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

5. wer

wer Well-Known Member

It could be problem for somebody who has no knowledge of Slovak. The address is:

Sklenka Štefan      (surname, first name)
    Nitrianska 5           (street, house number)
    Zlaté Moravce 1     (town, district number)
    953 01                    (zip code)
    Slovakia                 (country) 

6. Applepi

Applepi New Member

Wer,

Mockrat dekuji.

Slavka

7. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

Sorry, I figured "adresa" and "tel." would be understandable. I didn't think about the zip code (Zoznam didn't give that info).