Looking for places

Discussion in 'Looking for Ancestors' started by lmsnow, Feb 7, 2008.

1. lmsnow

lmsnow Member

I am wondering if anyone out there can tell me where these places might be in Bohemia..........From a babtismal paper 1857.....Village of Punglitz, Punglitzer Township, Panger County in the Kingdom of Bohmen. Village of Lotzlak.....Village of Grossbukemn.....Village of Craum.....Village of Wolezchec? Name is Ondricek/Hopcheck/Koeitzem/Luzicka are these names translated correctly? :roll:

2. Karel_lerak

Karel_lerak Well-Known Member

Punglitz - may be Pürglitz = Křivoklát
    Punglitzer Township = Pürglitzer Township = Městys Křivoklát ?
    Wolezchec = Woleschko = Oleško ?
    Grossbukemn = Großer Buchberg = Velký Buk (but this is a mountain) ?
    Craum = Krummau = Český Krumlov ?

All names seem to be corrupted forms of german local names. Could you show the original?

3. lmsnow

lmsnow Member

Can you tell me where these places are located at Bohemia.........? What do you mean German translated names? Last of all how would I get original it is not a good copy can I copy and put it here? Lenore
    PS This is reply to the first reply.....

4. Karel_lerak

Karel_lerak Well-Known Member

Try e.g. www.mapy.cz and give the czech name of the place into the input line.
    Oleško
    Křivoklát
    Český Krumlov

To show the map you can place it in some public web pages and give the link.(e.g. imageshack)

5. lmsnow

lmsnow Member

:p karel, Thank you very much for showing me where these places are located in Bohemia. I appreciate the time so very much just to see where my gr grandparents probably lived is so very nice.

6. Boston Bred

Boston Bred New Member

Hello,

My name is Joseph Franklin Thompson. I am the 4th son of Russell and Eileen Ruth (Ondrizek) Thompson. I live just outside of Boston, Massachusetts. I have a copy of that same baptismal record of what I believe is my Gr Gr Grandfather who I am named after!

I'm curious as to where on the family tree you sit and how we are related? Please reply to me when you have a chance at jft_921@yahoo.com or at my mailing address:

45 Avon Street
    Wakefield, MA 01880

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one curious about my distant relatives!