Calda family

Discussion in 'Looking for Ancestors' started by jeanurse, Dec 12, 2000.

1. jeanurse

jeanurse New Member

We are looking for the Calda Family. They have a wine bar in Prague. Our e-mail address has changed and we do not seem to have the correct phone number to reach them. If anybody knows them please ask them to contact us.They can call us at 1-519-338-2403.
    Thanks
    Jeannie and the boys

2. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

Jeannie,
    You can search the Czech phone book online to find people with the last name Calda. I have found five in Prague and four in Dobrichovice, all with different first names.
    In order to do the search, go to www.spt.cz, click on "Telefonni seznam" (Phone Book), enter the last name in the "Prijmeni" (Last Name) field, specify the city in the "Mesto/Obec" (City/Town) field and click "Vyhledat" (Search).
    It seems that the search program does not accept city names in English and without proper Czech characters. That is why you should type "Praha" for Prague and "Dobrichovice" with the little v-shaped sign above the "r". If you do not have Czech fonts installed on your computer, let me know and I will send you the phone numbers of the people in Prague/Dobrichovice by e-mail. If you tell me the first name of your relative, I will send you just his phone number and not all the other Caldas.

3. jeanurse

jeanurse New Member

Dear Dana
    Thank-you so much for your prompt reply. I do not have the Czech alphabet on my computer so if you could look up the names, and possibly the address, I would appreciate it very much. My cousin's first name is Jeff. His parents are Jiri and Ditta Calda or Caldova. I'm not very clear on the gender issues and last names. They have a wine bar in Dobrichovice.
    thank-you
    Jeannie

4. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

Hi Jeannie,
    I e-mailed you the information. Just to help clarify your confusion regarding Czech last names, most (not all) Czech last names have the ending -ova in the feminine gender, so you would have Mr. Jiri Calda and Mrs. Ditta Caldova or Mr. Forman and Mrs. Formanova. It's just one of the things that make the Czech language so easy to learn... [​IMG]