Looking for a collocation in Brno

Discussion in 'Housing - For Rent, Sale or Exchange' started by Gweno, Aug 26, 2004.

1. Gweno

Gweno New Member

Hi, I am a french student going to Brno for 1 year and hence, I am looking for an accomodation/collocation near the university of technology...

The only address I have for now is the "Pod Palackého vrchem" but it just look really posh and I don't really want to leave there.

Unfortunatelly I don't speak Czeck yet and can not find any other sites on the internet.

If you have any advices or propositions, just drop me a line.

Thank you!

2. Anduska

Anduska Member

Hello:

Maybe I could help you out with your questions - providing you some useful contacts. The reason why I want to help you is because I know what it is to move to foreign country. In September me and my husband are leaving for Canada. We live close to Brno (10 minutes drive) - the place is called Kurim. We will be renting our brand new appartment.
    I also have some friends who speak excellent English. My husband studied Faculty of Technology in Brno, so if you have direct questions please do not hesitate to contact me at: anna_macku@hotmail.com
    Anna

3. Gweno

Gweno New Member

Dear Anna,

Thank you for your help, I do really appreciate it as I am a bit scared of moving in Brno. However, seeing you proposing your help like that, gives me a fairly positive pre-taste of the Czeck hospitality.

I would have a couple of questions to ask indeed. the first one concern the average rent of flats/houses around the university of technology and if it is easy to find a collocation there. I basically don't know what to expect there, how much do I need each month, is there some jazz music playing, where should I live....

Too many questions, and I think the best way for me to have an answer is to go there as soon as I can. If you could just give me a couple advices regarding the accomodation (especially if you know someone around the university and looking for a french flatmate) and a good place to listen some jazz music, you help would be greatly welcome.

Thanks in advance,
    Kind regards,
    Gwenole Chever

P.S: If you need any help or contact in Canada, my sister is living in Quebec as well as some few friends of mine (in Montreal), don't hesitate to contact me.
    Have a nice trip, Canada is an amazing country as you will see. You will probably have the best time of your life there.
    And I am sure to have some great time as well in Brno.

4. Halef

Halef Well-Known Member

If you are going to study at BUT, the university should have given an accomodation, hasn't it?

If I understand properly, you are going to live at "Pod Palackého vrchem" for a start. Correct? It really is not very posh, it's just a standard college. My friends live there.

No reason to be scared, Brno is quite nice city :) If you browse this forum a bit, you may find some discussions about Brno - give them a read.

5. olivier

olivier New Member

Good Hi Gweno,

I am also a french student from Toulouse. A friend and I should spend 5 month in brno between Februar and july to study in Mendel university. We are looking for a collocation or a flat. So if you have any information that could be interessting for us let we know.

Thank you in advance
    Ciao