easy-ish colloquial .cz sites?

Discussion in 'General Language' started by shawn, Jul 22, 2004.

1. shawn

shawn Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

I would like to start participating (largely by reading) in some pure Czech discussions, and would like to have a large resource of colloquial conversations to read/study to help me get a feel for things. For example, I just started reading the Ceske forum here...

I surf a lot, but I never know what I'm getting myself into LOL, and most of the sites I come to are formal (i.e., www.bohemica.com ) or just too rich to get a handle on (i.e., www.libimseti.cz ). Of course, here and this site's sister site are great too:)

Can you please recommend some fun, light .cz sites that I can browse and maybe eventually take part in?

By colloquial, I mean, of course, using language that people use amongst friends and in less-than-formal settings.

Thanks very much, as always:)

Shawn

2. Halef

Halef Well-Known Member

3. shawn

shawn Well-Known Member

Vyborne:)

Thanks very much, Halef, I'll roam for a while...they look very promising.

Shawn

4. Jirka

Jirka Well-Known Member

Hi Shawn,

there are really a lot of places on the Czech Web to have a chat. Just go to the www.seznam.cz, kind of like Czech Yahoo!, that is a search engine and Web directory in one, and find Chatování (subitem in gray below "Lidé seznamky chat" in red, at the top below the e-mail and chat logon boxes). There's a whole bunch of subcategories there, such as "Diskuzní fóra". A lot of the sites are specialized, but you may be able to find something for yourself.

Good luck...

Jirka Bolech