Books in Czech

For all posts related to the Czech language that don't fit into one of the forums below. Visit our sister site <a href="http://www.locallingo.com" target="_blank">locallingo.com</a> for lots of info on the Czech language!

Moderators: Sova, gementricxs, Local Lingo

Gageman

Books in Czech

Postby Gageman » 11-Sep-02 23:32

Hello all! I am looking for help in obtaining books and novels/bestsellers in English translated into Czech. A dear friend of mine is a nanny and dosen't speak much English. I am looking for a translated version of "The Nanny Diaries" by Emma McLaughlin, and Nicola Kraus. I have a list of books that I have enjoyed and would love to be able to share them with her. Any help would be appreciated. Tomas.
Jana G

Postby Jana G » 14-Sep-02 23:08

Hi Tomas,
When I was looking for some Czech books, someone recommended these www.dobry-den.com OR www.literacypragensis.com. Some of the books you'll find there are english books translated into czech. Hope this helps.

Jana
Gageman

Postby Gageman » 17-Sep-02 21:50

Hello Jana,
Thank you for your help. Literacy Pragensis did have a few books on hand, however their selections on American/British bestsellers were limited to mostly Romance novels. I did however take a risk and ordered a couple of books for her. Tomas.
Jana

Postby Jana » 19-Sep-02 0:46

Hi Tomas,
Just send me the list of your favorites and I will see what I can do for you. Unfortunately, mailing from the CR takes about six weeks, so I hope you could wait as long as that.
Jana - janademilt@yahoo.com