This is a new Czech learner from China

Discussion in 'General Language' started by Peggy, Apr 18, 2003.

1. Peggy

Peggy New Member

Hi, this is Peggy, from China. And it is the very first time that I've ever been here in this forum. Well, maybe I shouldn't have called myself a new Czech learner, because I haven't begun to learn this language yet. Actually I'm falling in love with a Czech boy, and basically this is the reason why I'm considering learning his mother tongue. He's trying to learn Chinese as well.

Anyway, I hope Czech is not too hard to learn, with his help, and of course with the help I will get from here.

[This message has been edited by Peggy (edited April 18, 2003).]

2. arwen

arwen New Member

ahoj Peggy!it's a good beginning to start learning Czech.well..i'm also trying to learn Czech..it's really tough!you really have to put lots of effort to get it right.btw good luck!

3. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

Hi Peggy and welcome to the boards! We hope you'll find the help you need here. Good luck with your studies!

4. Peggy

Peggy New Member

Thanks arwen for your message! Yeah I think Czech is very different from my language, and maybe it'll be really hard for me to pick it up. But I also think I'm mentally well prepared. I really want to learn this language, in order to better understand my boyfriend. Thanks again! :)

And Dana, I really appreciate your reply too. Actually I've been reading many of your messages on this board. I love your writing, and I can tell without meeting you in person, that you are a very kind person. Also, I'm sure I'll get your help when I need it, right? Nice to be here. And I'll do my best!

[This message has been edited by Peggy (edited April 19, 2003).]

5. arwen

arwen New Member

peggy..we're on the same track!

6. Peggy

Peggy New Member

well, arwen, what should I say?
    Interstate love is really hard, isn't it?
    Anyway, good luck to us...

7. arwen

arwen New Member

ahoj Peggy!we need someone to teach us.perhaps taking Czech class is a better idea..as a beginning buy a Czech dictionary or phrase book..

8. Peggy

Peggy New Member

Yeah, I guess you are right, arwen.
    Well the problem I have is that I can't find a Czech class to take in my city. And speaking of dictionary, I did buy a Czech-Chinese dictionary. But, it seems to me a little bit too hard to read. Nevertheless, I won't give up.
    Thanks for your kind words, anyway!

9. arwen

arwen New Member

i have a small phrase book(very handy).someone gave it to me.i think that can be a good start..can easily understand it.