fairy tale-o modrém ptácka ????

Discussion in 'General Language' started by teddy0bear, Oct 21, 2003.

1. teddy0bear

teddy0bear Member

I love czech fairy tales. I have this one book which is translated czech fairy tales which got me addicted. My mom has a bunch of them as well but in czech. She also has this one czech kids book with a blue bird and a white bird (getting married) on it called O Modrém ptácku (supposed to b an upsidedown ^ on the c but i don't know how to make that symbol yet).

I was wondering what this is called and if anyone know what it is about (if i guess with pictures i get, land of birds, birds get married, birds turn into people and bird locks...door ?????)

There are also eitehr chapter headings or other stories in this book i'm not sure...
    One is Jak Svec Osidil Faráre (^ these things on the two s and one on the last r)
    And the other one is O zlé zene (^ on the last z and e)

Anyone have an idea what these are all about and what they say? (this might be a slovka book btw i'm not 100% sure)

2. MikeStribrny

MikeStribrny Member

yeah the book is called the blue bird or something like that. I don't know the rest.

3. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

The other titles you mentioned are (as best I can figure)

"Jak Svec Osidil Farare" = "How the Cobbler Conned the Priest"
    "O zle zene" = "About the Evil/Bad/Mean Woman"

(Not sure which word for "zle" to use without having read the story)

As for how to type the characters with diacritical marks, read these topics for more info:
    Displaying and Typing Foreign Characters
    Character Language Code