czech language

Discussion in 'General Language' started by bulub, Mar 2, 2004.

1. bulub

bulub New Member

is there anyone who knows the easier way to understand czech, please?

2. maartenv

maartenv Well-Known Member

There really is no easy way to learn Czech!

It's a language quite different from English.

The only easy way is to reincarnate, and get born in the CZ :)

Drinking bear is just a habit they also have in the CZ :)

Good luck!

3. Jeff

Jeff Well-Known Member

Hi bulub,

I agree with Maarten that there is no easy way to learn Czech. I have four different books for studying Czech and have tried various methods for learning the language. I still have a ways to go. :?

I think motivation is one key to learning a foreign language. Setting some goals and seeing that you are making progress can really help. The easiest way to learn is to be immersed, but that is usually not possible. You might consider a Czech tutor. There are some in London listed on the tutor page at www.myczechrepublic.com/czech_language/tutors/index.html. You might try listening to Czech radio through the internet. There is a growing list of stations at www.myczechrepublic.com/links/arts/radio.html.

Of course, it helps to know that there are many others out there who are working to improve their Czech language skills. Make sure you come back and ask any questions you have and share your learning experiences right here in this forum.

Best of luck!

4. maartenv

maartenv Well-Known Member

Hi Jeff, and others!

I've posted a big list of CZ radio braodcasts via the Internet.

See This message in the Films, Filming & TV section of this forum.

It could also have been posted at the links section, as you have mentioned Jeff. Please feel free to reorganise my mesage, or add the list to the link page :)

Cau!

5. Jeff

Jeff Well-Known Member

Yes Maarten, thanks for posting that long list. We'll have to update our Czech Radio link page. A nice thing about internet radio is you do not need a broadband connection to listen to it.

Ahoj!

6. Halef

Halef Well-Known Member

The best way to learn Czech is finding a czech girlfriend :)

7. georgiocz

georgiocz Member

8. Navigator

Navigator New Member

thanks Georgio, I was trying to translate something and your dictionary site helped very much