Dekuji vam!!!!

Discussion in 'Vocabulary & Translation Help' started by kitty, Sep 5, 2003.

1. kitty

kitty Member

Thank you so much for your help!

2. kitty

kitty Member

Hi again! I'm very confused now...because I want to say in Czech "have a good trip" But I get some sentences and I don't know what is the right! for example: "mit se hezky"
    "mejte se hezky" or "mej se hezky" what is the better for to say "have a good trip"? THANKS AGAIN

3. Kikko

Kikko Well-Known Member

I use to join cz chat rooms. Actually I dont know the exact meaning oh mej se hezky but I guess is something like "take care"

In any case mit se hezky is the infinitive

Mej se hezky! is the second singular person, used between friends, family...

Mejte se hezky! is just the formal way

Have a nice trip (when someone goes somewhere...) should be stastnou cestu (hacek over the first s)

[​IMG]

If a moderator can confirm/correct me about mej se hezky that would be nice

4. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

"Měj se hezky" means "have a nice day, have a nice time, be well of, have the time of it".
    For "have a nice trip" you can say "šťastnou cestu", or, informally, "užij si to" (this expression does not apply to a trip only, but to a lot of other activities, often used instead of saying "bye", e.g. to somebody going to a concert, movies, a party etc.)

5. Kikko

Kikko Well-Known Member

then how do you say "take care"?

6. kitty

kitty Member

thank you one more time!!!!

7. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

For "take care", I would say "měj se". It's a very common, casual, informal greeting used when parting.