Translation

Discussion in 'Grammar & Pronunciation' started by scrimshaw, Dec 18, 2007.

1. scrimshaw

scrimshaw Well-Known Member

Polednikova...I promised I would do a translation, so here is one.

Arktická liška krade vejce z hnízda Kanadské husy a skrývá ji pod zem stejně jako to dělají veverky se ořechy.
    To jsem nikdy neviděl.
    Vsadím se, že je to jasně vidět, že se na televizní programy o přírodně dívám rád. *
    Sloni a lvi se musí někdy současně podělit o stejný vodní zdroj.
    Na Africké savaně je sucho. Lvi řvou v noci.
    Rád bych měl hojnost v bance, ale to není ten případ. Místo toho, mám tam málo mincí. ***
    Starý blázen Charlie ve své skrýši na hoře dělával pašované lihoviny **** . Umřel ale před lety.
    Stromové krysy žerou meruňky v sadě. Mají rády také pomeranče a grapefruity. Dal jsem 'tree rat' do wikipedia, a ukázal mi veverky.
    Možná se soused spletl, když mi řekl, že to byly stromové krysy. *****

Potřebuji nový účes. Přítelkyně mi pořád říká, že jsem staromódní.

An Arctic fox steals an egg from the nest of a Canadian goose and hides it under ground just like squirrels do with nuts.
    I never knew that.
    I guess, it's clear to see, that I like watching nature programs on tv.
    Elephants and lions must sometimes at the same time share the same water hole.
    On the African savana there is a drought. Lions roar in the night.
    I would like to have a treasure in the bank, but unfortunately, that is not the case. Instead I have there a few coins.
    Crazy old Charlie in his hide out on the mountain used to make moonshine. He died years ago.
    Tree rats eat apricots in the orchard. They also like oranges and grapefruit. I put 'tree rat' into wikipedia and it showed me squirrels.
    Maybe my neighbor was confused when he said they were tree rats.

I need a new hair style. My girlfriend always tells me I'm old fashioned,

2. Karel_lerak

Karel_lerak Well-Known Member