looking for people and court to play basketball

Discussion in 'Make a Connection' started by odie720706, Dec 9, 2007.

1. odie720706

odie720706 Member

Hi, I'm living in Prague for about an year, and found there is almost NOBODY playing basketball. So, maybe some of you have this thought also.

Especially during winter, it's not possible for me to play basketball outside. Well,just don't want to spend a day playing basket and then spend a week to suffer from getting sick.

I'm looking for friends to play basketball with and indoor basketball court to play basketball without "getting a cold" :lol:

2. CiervoPRG

CiervoPRG Member

Sorry to say I don't play, however, I live by Petrin, and just beside the art school @ Hellichova there is a basketball court open to the public, you must be smart about your gaming schedule, in the afternoon the kids come down!,.. so from TRAM -Hellichova (12,20,22 etc) go up Hellichova towards Petrin and on the right you see the court, fenced, benches, clay surfaced, looks nice for deck hokej, but the insurance I have is not great so sporting is minimal...hope it was a help!,
    cau

3. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

I haven't been in the Czech Republic for over 10 years, but I will say that the quality of Czech basketball skills is definitely not up to a par of the U.S., so you may be somewhat disappointed in the level of play (this coming from someone, who didn't quite make the high-school basketball team).

It's not a matter of athleticism, by the way. It's just a matter of which sports are popular in the ČR, and which are not. Speaking of which, if you try playing pick-up soccer games with the Czechs, unless you've played at a competitive level, prepare to be embarrassed (I was).