finding my lost friend.

Discussion in 'Make a Connection' started by alecdol, Jan 15, 2008.

1. alecdol

alecdol Member

This year, an exchnage student came to my school from Prague.His name is Milos Kuric. We quickly became close friends and had many great times just getting to know who the other person was, connecting on a soul to soul basis. We went hiking, planted trees, party hopping, and he was one of the funnest people I've known, and was better than many people from my highschool :lol: 8) . Unfortunatly all our master plans were cut short, when his horrible host family got him sent back half a year early. I didnt even get a chance to get any of his contact information directly from him.
    :cry:
    Now I have a number, and an address that his host family provided me with, but so far no luck. When i call, i have to use a calling card, and all i get is an odd continuous beeping, then it says the call cannot be made at that time. And when i write, i dont really know what happens. I think i might be getting the address written wrong. :?:

his number is ...

608 2*4 2*5
    when i type it i type 011(call leaving us) 420 (country code) then the full number.

and his address as i got it is...

Person's name
    Dushi (Dusni?) #
    Praha 1
    110 00 Czech Republic
    Europe

This person means alot to me and any help would be greatly appriciated. 8)

2. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

If the phone doesn't work (number changed, phone lost/stolen,...), why do not try to write the letter?

The street in Prague 1 is "Dušní".

Put your email or phone number in that letter, so response can be faster. (As I know, regular postcards can "travel" even three weeks from New England to Czechia (my brother was in MA three months during summer)).

By the way, "Dušní" means "Soulstreet", you used the word "soul" twice :)

3. alecdol

alecdol Member

thanks for the reply. Does it really take that long to mail a letter from here? how longdo you think it would take to mail a letter from there to here (state of Maine)?

4. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

From my experience, an air mail letter takes six to eight days to get from US (VA) to CR (depending on weekend days and national holidays involved).

5. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

Maybe letters are a bit faster than usual postcards with two "liberty bells" on them :). But never try to to send a postcard with only one "liberty bell" stamp. My brother sent four, only one of them arrived.

6. jen

jen Well-Known Member

Yep - this is my experience too, from the same part of the US. Although once, just once, my dad sent me a package and it got to me in Prague in THREE days (including the requisite customs clearance in Prague 5). No kidding...I was shocked!

7. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

Have you tried google'ing his name? How about myspace? Is there a myspace equivalent in CR this person could try?

8. eso

eso Well-Known Member

You could try www.lide.cz

9. alecdol

alecdol Member

thanks alot for all the great ideas :lol:

10. alecdol

alecdol Member

I tried the Czech Myspace, and no luck. I type in his name in what looked to be the search bar, and i dont think it found any results. I'm not sure of any of this, because as much as I wish I knew, i don't really know any czech so dont understand the site much.

11. jen

jen Well-Known Member

I tried as well and didn't come up with anything either. I also checked the online phone directory, and nothing there either. If I lived in the city, I'd go there and see if he's listed on the building's buzzers, but alas I don't...

12. alecdol

alecdol Member

well thanks for your effort jen.
    If anyone here does live in the city of Praha, would you be able to contact me by emailing me at alecdol@hotmail.com ,or emailing me on this site?
    Im gunna have to go there myself i guess! :? 8)

13. kickatat88

kickatat88 Member

any luck finding your friend? if not when i go there in april i will be more than willing to help you reconnect.

14. mishasb

mishasb New Member

Did you find him? Try Facebook - it is very big in CZ now. 2 showed up when I checked.