Czechs in greater Washington DC area

Find an e-pal, make contacts across countries, get in touch with others!

Moderators: Sova, gementricxs, My Czech Republic

PGN

Postby PGN » 29-Feb-08 20:15

jen wrote: driving from Annandale to Rockville on a Friday evening doesn't sound particularly fun either :)))

Actually the drive gave my daughter and I focused quality time, I loved every minute of it. When see started to hit the preteen years she started to lose interest in the gymnastics :(

She also lost interest in the summer camps which were no kidding Czech Camping trips. About 6 k from the nearest road, I used to help with the logistics of set up, and tear down. They also had minor allowances of English when I was teaching orienteering or technical rock climbing. Naturally, as soon as I completed my instruction.....I had to leave.

I plan on getting our two youngest involved next year.
PGN

Postby PGN » 06-Mar-08 2:02

Just received an e-mail, little late for tonights meeting:

Please feel free to review the attached American Sokol Washington, DC Flyer March 2008 issue to find out more information about American Sokol Washington upcoming events and activities.

Next American Sokol Washington, DC meeting:

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 5, 2008, 8:00 P.M.
at St. Luke’s Orthodox Church, 6801 Old Georgetown Pike, McLean, VA.

After a short business meeting, join us for conversation during a traditional
social hour with soft drinks, coffee and snacks.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Nazdar!

ASW

e-mail: sokol@sokolwashington.org
www.sokolwashington.org

Here's the flyer:

I certainly hope that all members of Sokol Washington, DC and their friends enjoyed a very successful “Šibrinky-Fašiangy” dinner dance. Congratulations to all of the winners and participants of the 30th Annual Baca Cup Ski Race. Hopefully, next year we can renew the traditional North-South (New York - Washington) ice-hockey game, which was also always part of this event.

I look forward to seeing many of you at our Sokol Volleyball Tournament on April 5th with team members coming from several other cities. The events of the day will conclude with our annual Josefska Party. I also hope that I can see as many of you as possible at our next regular members meeting on March 5th, where we need to plan our preparations for upcoming events.

Nazdar! / Br. Tony Bartos, Vice President, American Sokol Washington, DC

E-mail Address – Our E-mail address is sokol@sokolwashington.org Please let us know your E-mail address. If you don’t have E-mail or can’t access our web site then send us a written request and we will keep sending you a paper copy of our flyer.

Volleyball: Mondays, March 3, 10, 17, 24, 31 8:00 to 10:00 p.m.

Gymnastics for Children: Fridays, March 7, 14, 21, and 28 8:00 to 10:00 p.m.

Adult Aerobics: Fridays, March 7, 14, 21, and 28 8:15 to 9:30 p.m.

My comment: Don't let the English-ness of the information scare you, all of these events are in Czech/Slovak