My exciting trip Australia

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by travelau, Jan 2, 2005.

1. travelau

travelau New Member

Hii,

Last year I visited Australia and enjoyed my trip a lot so I thought I should share it with every one.

We went with Virgin Blue Airlines because their special fares at the time were cheaper than any discounted fares we could obtain as international visitors.

The Airrcraft -> I * think * it was a Boeing 737 - it was very red ! :) Nice aircraft, seemed modern, the seats were a bit close together I thought, but they were leather and pretty comfortable.

How was it in-flight?
    Excellent - the weather was really mild and the flight was smooth. Virgin Blue seems to be a very youthful type of airline - the only thing to remember with the discount fare is you need Australian dollars for coffee and snacks or drinks if you want them inflight, as these are an extra . We only spent under $10 (I think a coffee was about $2.50)

The Accomodation there:- We had the accomodation at Mandalay and Shalimar Luxury Beachfront Apartments, Cairns Accommodation. Their services which we received from them was really very good and I will recommend you all also if you need any accomodation in Australia try Mandalay and Shalimar Luxury Beachfront Apartments, Cairns Accommodation. Visit there website at: http://www.mandalay.com.au

Cheers

2. Halef

Halef Well-Known Member

Posting this to Czech republic forum seems to follow the same logic that makes Virgin Blue paint their aircrafts red...

Nice promo, anyway.

3. Eva2

Eva2 Well-Known Member

>Posting this to Czech republic forum seems to follow the same logic that makes Virgin Blue paint their aircrafts red...<

My thought exactly. :lol:

4. My Czech Republic

My Czech Republic Administrator

This thread has been moved to Off Topic.

5. evian

evian Well-Known Member

A little late but....
    Welcome to Australia :D hehehe,
    Cairns is no doubt my favourite and the most 'Australian' city in Australia. I don't know that particular resort you stayed at, I frequently visit Cairns from Brisbane as part of my fathers work (Cathay Pacific Airways), and always stay at the Matson Resort.... a little out of town. Richard Branson tries to maintain his statement of 'the most beautiful flight attendants in Australia', thus explaining the youthful appearance of Virgin Blue. Personally not my choice of airline, due to the cramped and uncomfortable seating, and QANTAS providing very cheap fares plus all the extras.
    Anyway, I trust you are from the Czech Republic?? It is great to have some visitors here from Eastern Europe, a nice change to the masses of Japanese tourists visiting the region.

Jason.

6. Malnik

Malnik Well-Known Member

The young dont have exclusivity on beauty!!

Mal (Sandgroper not Banna bender)

7. trinik

trinik New Member

any 1 ever been to trinidad and tobago before?
    they are the last islands in the caribbean archipelago
    its where i live. :)

8. caa

caa New Member

You're from Trinidad?

This is a small world... so am I!

Trinidad is so small, I'm sure I would have seen you before.

9. brigitte

brigitte Well-Known Member

One of the most amazing places in Australia has to be the Coober Pedy caves. I haven't been there, but have seen it via TV. Apparently a lot of opal mining caves have been turned into homes, and there was an extremely sumptious one complete with full sized pool! But from outside it is just a normal door in a wall of rock. If I ever visit Australia I would like to visit coober Pedy - I think it was used as the location for Mad Max, Beyond Thunderdome with Mel Gibson. Very post apocalyptic scenery

Just do a Google image search and plenty of brilliant pics come up!

10. evian

evian Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Its strange.... I've lived in Australia for 8 years and I have never heard of the Coober Pedy Caves. I think maybe because it is very hard to get to (i.e. it is in the middle of nowhere). I always assumed Australia was portrayed as a warm, tropical climate with fabulous beaches, a sparse, arid outback with amazing indigenous culture. Especially to the European market. Just out of interest, How is Australia portrayed in Europe and what do Europeans have in mind when thinking about Australia???

11. brigitte

brigitte Well-Known Member

In the UK there are people that, when you mention Oz, think of cork hats, koala bears and kangaroos. Not to mention Kylie, Neighbours, I'm a Celebrity, and Fosters!

Of course they are obvious Australian things. A lot of people here (UK) view it as a very beautiful country. Myself, I see it as very interesting, culturally and visually. The series I saw that covered Coober Pedy went to many places, all over the continent. Places that are of cultural interest, not just touristy places. It was presented by Scottish comic Billy Connolly in his World tour of Australia. If people easily offended can excuse Billy's language and jokes - some of the place he visited on the series were absolutely amazing, not just Coober Pedy. I'm thinking of buying a boxed set of the series as didn't tape it.

But in general to answer the question in the previous post, many UK people would love to live there. Christmas on the beach with a barbie! (Not sitting shivering here!) better homes for what you'd get here for the same money - probably! I think the things that would put me off would be the spiders and snakes! Australia has some of the most venomous ones!

12. Malnik

Malnik Well-Known Member

Hi...me again..... You may already know, Today, 26/01/05 is Australia Day. Being an aussie myself, its a big day.

Mal