Well, I'm back...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by GlennInFlorida, Feb 24, 2007.

1. GlennInFlorida

GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member

Some of you may have noticed that I haven't been on the boards much in the past few weeks. It is because I had a bit of a scare about 3 weeks ago - I had a little heart attack Super Bowl Sunday. No great damage, I had a stent put in and spent a little (4 days) time in the hospital. Am doing fine now but making some lifestyle changes (no smoking, special diet, and exercise). It was a real surprise to me - no previous indication of coronary artery disease at all - just went straight to the big one. Oof!

Looking forward to being back in the ČR next fall - will probably bring my sister with me - didn't think she was real interested in going until I mentioned it to her and she got very excited about the prospect.

Anyway, guess you'll have to put up with me for a while more.

2. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

I will be sure to keep your health in my prayers. I'm very glad you are back and be sure to take care of yourself. How's the quitting smoking thing going. I heard it can be a very hard thing to do. I will also pray for God to help you with that. I always enjoy your input on this site, so don't leave us again! :wink: :lol:

3. GlennInFlorida

Thanks so much. Quitting smoking is hard but not impossible. I had quit for seven years then started up again about a year and a half ago - dumb me. Now I have to do it all over again. This time it will be for good (I hope) - all of my friends are helping me.

4. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

I am crossing my fingers for you - both for quitting smoking and leading a healthy living style! Good luck!!!

5. czechchris

czechchris Well-Known Member

I wish you a speedy recovery. My wife just experienced something similar and has had a stent put in. (Just because I've got seven - is it buy 7 get one free?)

Stopping smoking is a good step forward. I stopped in 1981 - cold turkey - I think it's the best way. You can do it, Glenn.

Best Wishes from here in UK.

6. laylah

laylah Well-Known Member

Glad to see you back Glen. Hope you find lots to ENJOY in your new lifestyle :D Wish you well.

7. GlennInFlorida

Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts and well wishes - they really help :D

8. gementricxs

gementricxs Well-Known Member

Oh, wish you well Glenn, hope you won't have problems in future

9. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

Hi Glenn,

Jeff and I were really sorry to read about what happened. We wish you a quick recovery and the best of luck in sticking to your new lifestyle habits!

10. gypzy

gypzy Well-Known Member

Hi Glenn,

Glad everything is ok now :D . Keep up the good work in your new/healthy lifestyle!

11. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

I'm glad to hear you're okay. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and return to health. Take good care of yourself, Glenn.

12. doman

doman Well-Known Member

Hi Glenn !
    I'm newbie here and have known that you're an indispensable member of this family (MyCzechrepublic):D. I'm a chimney too and got some problem about the health also. I wish you-as I wish myself- only a big word: HEALTHY !
    The best wishes from Hanoi !

13. Ájík

Ájík Well-Known Member

Hey Glenn; nice to see You again

14. GlennInFlorida

Many thanks to all of you again! You all really brighten my day :D
    My diet changes are going better than quitting smoking but that is not too bad either - am down to about 1 or 2 cigarettes a day but that soon will be none.
    What a great time we live in now - I am getting good wishes from people in countries I was supposed to hate, fear, or at least greatly distrust when I was a young man - what nonsense. It is clear to me now that there are wonderful people everywhere - I hope all of our "leaders" learn the same lesson (and quickly).
    Thanks again so much, all of you.

15. doman

doman Well-Known Member

I thought that I understood what you meant Glenn ! We couldn't change the past, but we shouldn't live in the past too. Don't tell me you're made from metal, and when I prick a hole on your hand, you don't feel the pain even you're an American ! :D Countries are always countries ! They never hate each others ! Only human do it ! And get hurts ! Too much hurts...For long time, the world looked at Vietnam as a war, not a country...But now, a lot of changes happened every day, better... Its a country at least :D :D Glenn ! I hope some day you will visit Vietnam at once !

Take care yourself, Glenn !

16. GlennInFlorida

I agree, Domanh, and I hope to visit Vietnam someday - from what I have seen, it is a very beautiful country not to mention becoming an economic powerhouse.

17. wissy

wissy Well-Known Member

Hey Glenn.
    I've been away from the boards for a few days and just read your post. :eek: I just felt the need to send you my best wishes. I always look out for your intellegent comments on the forums. Keep smiling. :)

18. doman

doman Well-Known Member

In the world's economy, Vietnam was born yesteday :D and is still an erea of waste land ! Vietnamese started to learn such of things...every thing just being started...

19. Polednikova

Polednikova Well-Known Member

I have only just seen this thread, Glenn, as I don't normally go to this section, and I join everyone else in wishing you a full recovery.

As several people have said, you are someone who uses the site as I presume it's meant to be used: you make sensible, helpful comments, without trying to be 'too clever by half' as we say in the UK!

When you come to the Czech Republic again, you must make sure you let us know, and arrange a rendezvous for an informal get-together so that we can all buy you a beer to thank you for your help.

20. SMZ

SMZ Well-Known Member

Good heavens, I can't believe I just saw your post, Glenn! What a scare that must have been. And having to put up with the, "Are you sure it wasn't the Super Bowl excitement that did it?" comments, to boot. :D :D

Wishing you a healthier future, minus the cigarettes and plus the exercise. Way to go! (Or stay, actually....)

Susan